Kerala Swasraya Scheme: Kerala Government offer a number of schemes and financial assistance to the citizens of the state under different categories. Kerala Swasraya Scheme is one of the schemes offered by the State government for the welfare of physically disabled people of the state. Under this innovative scheme, government provide financial assistance to the parents of physically disabled children for expenses incurred in their care.
Kerala Swasraya Scheme
It is very challenging for parents of differently abled and mentally retarded persons to take care of them as they always need a person with them. Thus, these parents themselves require an emotional support and strength. It becomes more tough for parents if they are old/ or a single mother and do not have enough resources to meet the expenses of medical supplies, equipment, care, and other stuffs. Taking care of a mentally retarded / physically disabled person is quite expensive and for a mother and older parent belonging to BPL families it becomes much more challenging.
Considering the distress of these parents, Kerala Government launched an innovative scheme called Kerala Swasraya Scheme to provide assistance to them. The main objective of this scheme is to provide financial assistance and lessen the burden of parents who take care of their MR/Physically Disabled children. By this assistance they can easily meet expenses incurred in taking care of them. A one-time grant of Rs.35000/- is provided to each beneficiary under this scheme. The scheme is implemented by the Directorate of Social Justice through its Social Justice Department in the entire state.
Social Justice Department provide a number of social welfare schemes and assistance to needy citizens of the state. The department ensures the proper implementation of these scheme so that assistance can reach to each beneficiary on time.
In this article, readers are going to find all the important details of Kerala Swasraya Scheme from its application process to the disbursement of the benefit. To get more details about the application process, eligibility, documents, application forms and related information do read this article till the end.
Kerala Swasraya Scheme: An Overview
|Name of the scheme
|Kerala Swasraya Scheme
|Kerala Govt Scheme
|Social Justice Department, Govt. of Kerala
|One Time financial assistance
|Mode of Transfer
|Mentally Retarded/ Physically disabled children
|Mode of Application
Features and Benefits of Swasraya Scheme
Before moving forward to more details about the scheme, have a quick look at the salient features and benefits of this innovative scheme mentioned in this section below-
- The scheme has been implemented by the Directorate of Social Justice of the Government of Kerala. The department caters to all the activities related to this scheme.
- The scheme has been launched with an objective of providing an assistance to the parents/ mothers of the mentally retarded or especially abled person.
- An amount of Rs.35000/- is disbursed to the beneficiaries under this scheme.
- The assistance provided under this scheme is a one-time grant.
- The disbursement of funds allocated to the beneficiaries is done through a direct bank transfer method i.e., DBT.
- The use of DBT facilitates timely disbursement of assistance to the needy and also brings transparency in the system.
- The amount provided to beneficiaries can be utilized by the mother for finding some sort of self-employment.
- The one-time assistance will help the caretaker to meet all the expenses of the patient arising from various factors such as medical supplies, equipment, caregiving expenses etc.
- The scheme helps to provide a financial as well as a moral and social support to the poor parents having MR/Disabled children.
- Swasraya Scheme lessen the financial burden on the poor parents who are not able to afford the expenditure of treatment/care of their children.
- The schemes benefits thousands of poor parents and mothers fighting for the wellbeing of their specially challenged/ Mentally retarded bed-ridden children.
Eligibility for Swasraya Scheme
Swasraya Scheme targets only a particular section of the state. Therefore, only those citizens can apply for this scheme who are eligible. They can check the eligibility conditions on the official portal. For the convenience of all, we have also shared the eligibility requirements for this scheme below. Check the details before applying-
- Applicant should be a resident of Kerala State.
- All the parents with children with 70% or more mental retardation or disability are eligible for this scheme.
- All the single/legally divorced/ unwed mothers/ separated women/ wives abandoned by husband can apply for this scheme.
- Mothers having severely mentally challenged or disabled bed-ridden children will be given preferences under this scheme.
- Close relative (any women fulfilling the aforementioned details) who is taking care of the critically mentally retarded/ specially disabled patient is also eligible to apply.
- Along with the beneficiaries under Aswasakiranam scheme are also eligible to apply under this scheme.
Documents Required for Swasraya Scheme
Along with the application form applicants who are mainly the parent/ mother of the ultimate beneficiary needs to submit all the documents. Without supporting documents no application form will be considered by the respective officials. The list of the important documents and certificates required can be checked below-
- Aadhar Card of the beneficiary (If available)
- Certificate of Disability
- Ration Card of below poverty line
- Caste/Category Certificate
- Proof of Residence
- Detailed project report of self-employment
- Passport size photograph
- Bank Details/ Passbook
- Valid Mobile No.
- Other relevant documents as asked by the authority
Applicants have to enclose a photocopy of aforementioned document with the application form and have to submit it.
How to apply for Kerala Swasraya Scheme?
Application process for Kerala Swasraya Scheme is quite easy and every applicant can apply without much difficulty for enrolling under this scheme. Application process is not fully online. Those who wish to apply and avail the benefit under this scheme can follow the simple instructions given under-
- Step 1- Visit official portal
Applicants have to open the official portal of the department. The direct link is given below.
- Step 2- Read instructions
On this page details about the scheme will appear. Applicants have to read the instructions and details mentioned about the scheme.
- Step 3- Search application form
Now, scroll down the page. Search for Documents section. Click on the application form link given under the head.
- Step 4- Download Application form
Finally, application form will open. Download the application form. To fill the application form, applicants have to print the downloaded application form.
- Fill application form
Once application form is printed, fill each and every details correctly in the respective field. Applicants have to fill the details, mark the declaration.
- Enclose documents
After successfully filling all the details, they have to attach a copy of all the requisite documents with the application form.
- Submit Application Form
After verifying details filled in the application form and enclosing all the documents, submit the application form at the concerned District Social Justice Officers. Do not forget to get application receipt from the office.
After this, the application will be verified and approved by the concerned authority. After approval of the application, the amount of assistance will be disbursed to the bank account of the beneficiary.
Details to be Filled in Application Form
Applicants must ensure that they fill all the details carefully and clearly in the application form. The details which are required to be filled in the application form include-
- Marital Status (enclose proof)
- Name of the person with disability and his/her relation with the applicant
- Nature and rate of disability
- Annual Income of the family
- Aadhaar No. of the applicant (If available)
- Bank account number, IFS code and other details of the applicant
- Self-Employment to be started (submit project)
How to check Beneficiary Details?
Using the official portal, Kerala citizens can also get information about the beneficiary details. They can check district-wise beneficiary list for a particular financial year. Check the step-by-step process given below to check the beneficiary list-
- Start by opening the official portal.
- Now, scroll down the webpage and search for Target Group.
- Under the Target Group, users will see two options. Click on “Beneficiary Details” link.
- List of all the beneficiaries along with the name of their districts will open.
- Check name in the list.
- You can also filter the list by selecting financial year and district from the drop-down menu and get beneficiary list for the respective year and district.
How to check SS Govt. Order?
Along with the application form, you can also download another document called Government Order (GO) from the official portal. To check Kerala, GO on Swasraya Scheme, you can follow the given instructions-
- Open the official portal first.
- Click on Swasraya Scheme.
- Scroll the page down and find Documents Section
- Click on GO link option given for the scheme.
- The pdf of the government order will open.
- Read the details carefully and download the same for your record.
For any assistance and guidance related to Swasraya Scheme of Kerala, one can contact at the details given as under–
Contact Number- +91-471-2306040, +91-471-2302887
Email Id- [email protected]
Get application form and access to other documents and details of this scheme by visiting the direct links given in the table below-
|Application form Download
|Government Order (GO) pdf
|YSR Pelli Kanuka Scheme
Who is the target beneficiary under Kerala Swasraya Scheme?
The target beneficiary of this scheme is the parent (mother) of the severely mentally disturbed/specially disabled child.
How much assistance is provided under this scheme?
Beneficiaries are provided an assistance of Rs.35000/-.
What is the criteria of payment of assistance under the scheme?
The amount disbursed under this scheme is a one-time grant. Beneficiaries will be provided Rs.35000/- only once under this scheme.
How much application fee is charged under this scheme?
No, application fee is charged from any of the applicant.
Can a beneficiary under Aswasakiranam scheme apply for this scheme?
Yes, citizens who are availing benefits of Aswasakiranam scheme can also apply for this scheme.
How to fill application form for availing benefits of this scheme?
Applicants to obtain the application form and have to submit the duly filled application form along with documents enclosed at the Social Justice Office of the concerned district.
Is there any online process for submission of application form.
No, applications can be submitted only in offline mode.
From where applicants can obtain application?
Kerala Swasraya Scheme application forms can be downloaded from the official portal of the concerned department. Eligible applicants can also download it from the link provided above in this article.