Karnataka Marriage Certificate: A Marriage Certificate is a legal document issued by the Government to a married couple who applies for it. It is registered document issued under the official stamp of the Government. Each state has an authority designated by the state government for issuing Marriage certificates. It is compulsory for all the couples to have a marriage certificate in the state as it is required for various legal purposes. Karnataka Marriage Certificate is issued by the Department of Stamps and Registration, Government of Karnataka
Karnataka Marriage Certificate
Application for Marriage Certificate in Karnataka can be submitted in both online and offline mode. Marriage Certificates in Karnataka is issued under various Marriage Acts such as Hindu Marriage Act, Special Marriage Act and other Marriage Acts.
Online registration for marriage certificate can be accomplished through an online service portal “Kaveri Online Services”. This portal was launched in 2018 by the government for carrying out various registration and other tasks of the Government.
If you also want to apply for Karnataka Marriage certificate than you can go through this article and can collect information about the registration process and other important details.
Karnataka Marriage Certificate: An Overview
|Karnataka Marriage Certificate
|Karnataka Govt Scheme
|Department of Stamps and Registration, Government of Karnataka
|Mode of Registration
|Online and Offline
|Kaveri Online Services
Advantages of Karnataka Marriage Certificate
There are several advantages of Marriage Certificate which are listed below-
- It is a legitimate proof of marriage
- Used for filling immigration and visa
- Used for opening a joint bank account
- Also help couple to avail tax benefit (in some cases)
- It is used in various legal proceedings such as in case of divorce case, in case of property of the spouse, child’s paternity, insurance claim in case of demise of the spouse etc.
- Apart from this, it also gives married couple a sense of acceptance as well as social security.
Applications for marriage registration can be filed only by the eligible applicants. Check what all requirements are there for filling an application for marriage registration-
- Groom should have completed an age of 21 years.
- Bride should have completed the age of 18 years.
- Bride and groom can be of any religion but for marriages under Hindu and Persian Marriage Acts, Bride and grooms should be of the respective religion.
- Both Groom and Bride should have sound mind and mentally fit.
- None of the applicants should a have spouse living at the time of marriage.
How to apply online for Karnataka Marriage Certificate?
Applications for Karnataka Marriage Certificate can be made online through the portal or offline by personally visiting the registrar office. Here we have explained both the registration process in details. You can have a look at the registration process given as under-
Registration on Portal
To start with the online registration process, you must know that registration on Kaveri Online Services portal is mandatory. Without registration on the portal, applications cannot be submitted. Check registration procedure shared below-
- Step 1- Visit the online official portal i.e. (Kaveri Online Services) of the Government of Karnataka for Marriage registration. Link can be accessed from the quick link section.
- Step 2- Now, on the homepage, go to the login section.
- Step 3- Click on “Register as new user” link.
- Step 4– User Registration form will open in front of you.
- Step 5- Fill the personal details and Contact details correctly in the respective blanks.
- Step 6- Enter the captcha code and click on “Register” link.
- Step 7– On successful registration, login details will be generated and will be communicated to you through the portal, email and SMS. Keep these login credentials safely as they are required for further logins.
Karnataka Marriage Certificate Online Application
- After successful registration on portal, On the homepage go to the login section.
- You have to login by entering your username and password created at the time of registration.
- Also enter the captcha code and click on “Login” button.
- Now, select your district from the dropdown menu and click on “Continue” button.
- Enter details of bridegroom in the respective fields and click on “Registration of Marriage Certificate”.
- Marriage Certificate form will open. Fill the details carefully in the form.
- Now, you have to select the appointment slot.
- Now, submit the application form by hitting the “Submit Application” link.
- Application process will be completed. An acknowledgement slip will be generated. This slip will have a temporary number printed on it which is allotted the applicant after successful application.
- You have to take a printout of the acknowledgment slip and have to retain it for further uses.
- On the date of appointment, visit the concerned Marriage Registrar along with the witness and required documents.
- Applicants must follow all the guidelines fixed by the authorities for completion of all the registration formalities.
- For the endorsement of marriage, applicants and registered witnesses have to sign the registry in the presence of the registrar at the registrar office.
- Marriage certificate will be issued to the married couple on the same date for their solemnized marriage.
In Case of advance Application (before marriage) for Marriage Certificate, any kind of objection from public will be looked by the concerned authorities for thirty days. After that on the date of marriage, registration process will be executed and certificate will be issued.
Karnataka Marriage Certificate Offline Application
- For offline marriage registration, applicants have to apply at the respective registrar office. The registrar office and residence of the husband should be under the same jurisdiction.
- Application form is be obtained from the respective registrar office or can be downloaded from the official portal. Application form link is also provided below.
- For application, applicants must ensure that they have all the required documents.
- Fill the application form with accurate detail specially the bride and groom name.
- Once application is filled, applicants have to submit the application form along with documents to the Sub-Registrar Office (SRO). Application form should have signature of witness.
- Applicants have to be present at the SRO premises on the date of appointment.
- At Sub-Registrar office, bride and groom have to sign the registry.
- Couple will be given two copies of the Marriage Certificate. Some of the copies will be kept at the office for records.
Information to be filled in the Application form
Applicants have to fill following information in the application form-
- Date of Marriage
- Place of the marriage
- Details of Bride and Groom-
– Father Name
– Mother Name
– Usual Residence place
- Details of witness
– Name of the witness
– Usual place of address
– witness signature
Documents Required for Karnataka Marriage Certificate
- Filled in application form attested by both the bride and groom (if application is submitted in person at the concerned office)
- Aadhaar Card of both bride and groom
- Original copy of Marriage Invitation Card
- Identity Proof of bride and groom- Voter Id/ PAN Card/ Passport / Driver’s License
- Proof of age of both bride and groom- High school marksheet with birth date mentioned on it/ passport
- Proof of address of both bride and groom- Voter ID Card/ Driving License/ Passport/ Electricity Bill/ House Rent Agreement/ Telephone Bill. Proof of address should be in the name of the applicant.
- Two passport sized photos of each bride and groom individually.
- Two photographs of Bride and groom in their marriage dress on the day of marriage.
- Six copies of bride and groom together in 2B Size.
- Marriage affidavits in prescribe format to be submitted by bride and groom separately.
- Affidavit – for change of name of the bride after marriage
- Newspaper advertisement in which name change information was published.
- Marriage Registration under Hindu Marriage Act is free of cost. However, Application fee is Rs.5 and Rs.10 are charged for certified copy.
- Fee for marriage under Special Marriage is Rs. 10/-
- Rs.2 is charged for certified copy of marriage certificate under Parsi Marriage Act.
Validity of Marriage Certificate
There no specific validity period of Karnataka Marriage certificate. Marriage certificate in Karnataka is valid for lifetime and can be used forever by the couple as an when required.
|Karnataka Marriage Certificate registration portal
|New User Registration on portal
|Marriage Certificate Application form PDF
|Karnataka Voter List
|Karnataka Ration Card
|Delhi Marriage Certificate
Citizens can contact at the given contact details in case they encounter any kind of issue.
Which is authority concerned for the issue of Marriage Registration Certificate in Karnataka?
Marriage Certificate in Karnataka are issued by the Department of Stamps and Registration.
How to register for Marriage Certificate?
Marriage certificate registration application can be submitted online using Kaveri Online Services portal and offline by visiting the sub-registrar office.
In how many days, marriage registration certificate is issued?
After online, applicants have to be present at the registrar office on the scheduled date. Once they sign the registry, Marriage certificate will be issued. No much time is taken for issuance of marriage certificate provided all the guidelines are followed.
What is the validity of the marriage certificate?
Marriage certificate is valid forever. It do not have a specific validity period.