WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme কৃষক বন্ধু| Online Form| Benefits: West Bengal Government released a single benefit scheme for the assistance of Farmers of the state. The name of the scheme was WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme, and it has been rolled out to provide financial support to the farmers of the state that their income can be insured.
This unique scheme of assured financial support to all the farmers of West Bengal was launched in 2019 by the Chief Minister Mamta Banerjee. However, the scheme was announced on 31st December 2018. The scheme is implemented by the Department of Agriculture, Govt. of West Bengal. It is completely a state government funded scheme.
WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme
WB Kirshak Bandhu or Bondhu Scheme is sometimes also referred as Farmer’s Friend scheme. Under this scheme, farmers are provided a financial benefit of Rs.5000/- per year for Ravi and Kharif seasons. This amount of benefit is disbursed in two installments to the bank account of the farmers through direct bank transfer or Cheque. Along with the financial benefit an insurance cover of a lump sump amount of Rs.2 lakhs under Death benefit scheme is also offered under this scheme by the state government. The complete database of all the activities of this farmer’s scheme is stored digitally by the Agriculture Department. Digital smart cards provided to beneficiaries is also an important part of this scheme.
To get more information on West Bengal Krishak Bandhu Scheme, you must go through article once. Check the all the details such as eligibility criteria, beneficiary details, documents, registration process and other related aspects of this scheme here in this portal.
WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme: An Overview
|Name of the Scheme
|WB Krishak Bondhu Scheme (কৃষক বন্ধু)
|West Bengal Govt Scheme
|Department of Agriculture, WB Govt
|Announcement of scheme
|31st December 2018
|30th January 2019
|Farmers of the state
|To provide financial assistance to the farmers of the state
|Rs.5000/- per year with a insurance cover of Rs.2 lakhs
|Mode of fund Transfer
|Cheque or Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT)
|Mode of Registration
Features and Benefits of WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme
Check the important features of WB Kishak Bandhu Farmer’s Scheme shared in this section-
- West Bengal Krishak Bandu is state funded scheme which was launched in 2019 and is also known as Farmer’s Friend Scheme.
- The scheme was launched buy the CM of the state.
- The state Department of Agriculture is the nodal department responsible for implementation of the scheme.
- All the farmers who fulfil the eligibility conditions can avail the benefits under this scheme.
- Scheme provide financial support to the beneficiaries an assured income of Rs.5000 is offered to the them.
- Along with the assured income, an insurance cover benefit is also provided to the farmers.
- Application form can be downloaded online from the website of Department.
- For farmer registration and getting other details, WB Govt has also released an online portal.
- The financial assistance is disbursed to the beneficiary account through bank transfers or cheques by the District Central Cooperative Banks (DCCBs) and West Bengal State Cooperative Bank (WBSCB).
- The data of beneficiary is shared with concerned District and State Co-operative Banks by the Agriculture Department so that Banks for the disbursement of the benefit.
Components of WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme
There are two major components of WB Farmer’s Friend Scheme. These are explained below-
- Assured Income:
The first component of this innovative scheme is the benefit of Assured Income. Under this provision an amount of Rs.5000/- is given to the beneficiaries having land of one acres or more. Farmers with land less than one acres will be given a minimum amount of Rs.1000/- per annum on a pro-rata basis. The benefit is given for both Rabi and Kharif Season to the farmers having an agricultural land.
The benefit amount is transferred in two instalments to the farmers. A minimum amount of Rs.2000/- per year is disbursed to beneficiary account on a pro-rata basis. 1st Instalment is generally given in the month of June and second is disbursed in the November month for every financial year.
- Insurance Cover:
The second important element of this scheme is death benefit to the farmer. Under this scheme, Farm family will also be provided with an insurance cover of Rs.2 lakhs. Farmers of age group 18 to 60 years are eligible to get benefit under this scheme.
In case of death of farmer (including suicide), the farmer’s family will be given one time death benefit cover of Rs. 2 lakhs.
Stakeholders of KB Scheme
Stakeholders of Krishak Bandhu Scheme include –
- Beneficiary i.e. Farmers of the state
- Officials of Department of Agriculture
- Co-operative Banks
WB KB scheme is only for the farmers of the state. Candidates not complying with eligibility requirement fixed by the concerned department will not be considered for this scheme. Benefits are offered only after the verification of eligibility of the applicants. The complete eligibility criteria are given below-
- Applicants must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- All the farmers of the state are eligible for this scheme.
- Bhagchasi i.e. Share Cropers are also eligible under this scheme.
- The age of farmers should be between 18 to 60 years.
- Famers must have a valid bank account in their name.
Applicant farmers have to submit all the requited documents at the time of application. Without proper documents, no application will be accepted by the concerned Department.
- Identity Proof of the applicant-
Farmers can submit any of the following id proofs-
– Aadhaar Card
– Voter Card
– PAN card
– Passport etc.
- Death Certificate
- Driving License
- Krishak Bandhu Card
- Attested copy of Land ROR
- A copy of Self-Declaration
- Declaration from natural/ legal guardian
- Bank Account details
WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme Registration Process
To get the benefits of WB KB scheme, farmers have to register themselves on the official portal. Have a look at the step-by-step registration process given below-
- Step 1- Go to the official portal of the scheme. Check link below.
- Step 2- On the homepage of KB website, click on “Department of Agriculture” link.
- Step 3- Login page will open.
- Step 4- Now, click on Farmer Registration link.
- Step 5- Now, enter Voter number and click on Check Voter link.
- Step 6- Enter Mobile No. and click on “Get OTP”.
- Step 7- Verify mobile no. by entering the OTP sent to the mobile no.
- Step 8- Fill all the details in application form and complete the registration process.
WB Krishak Bandhu Application Process
- Visit the official portal of WB Department of Agriculture.
- Download Krishak Bandhu/ Farmer’s Friend application form will open.
- Download the application form.
- Fill all the fields in the application form.
- Attach necessary documents.
- Submit duly filled in application form at the concerned office.
Details to be filled the application form
Applicants have to fill all the necessary information in the application form. The list of entries which to be filled mandatorily in the application form are as follows-
- Farmer’s Name (in Bengali)
- Father/Husband name
- Date of Birth
- Type of Farmer
- If KCC (Kisan Credit Card) is there
- Mobile No.
- Agriculture details-
– JL No.
– Ledger No.
– Plot Number
– Amount of cultivable land
– Total amount of cultivable land
- Bank Details-
– Account No.
– IFS Code
– Bank Account Holder Name
– Bank Branch
– Account Type
Registered Farmer Information
Using the online portal, once can also check Registered Farmer Information. Follow the given process to know the information of Registered Farmer online-
- Open the official portal.
- Click on “Registered Farmer Information” link provided on the homepage.
- Enter voter/ EPIC number of the farmer and click on “Search” button.
- All the details of registered farmer will open.
- Check registered farmer details and save for record.
The concerned officer/ user from the Agriculture Department or Co-Operative Banks can also use the official portal. Admin can be an official from the Agriculture Dept. or Co-operative bank. To get an access to the portal they must register/ sign up on the portal. The sign-up process is given below-
- Open the official website.
- Click on Department of Agriculture link.
- Login page will open.
- Click on “Sign Up” button.
- User Registration form will open.
- Select the department, Role, and district from the drop-down menu,
- Enter email, password, confirm password, first name, last name, mobile no., and designation.
- Click on “Submit” button.
WB Krishak Bandhu Agent Login
Agent login option is also available on the portal. Have a look at thelogin process-
- Open the official portal and click on the respective link.
- A login page will open.
- Click on Agent Login link.
- Audit GD Login page will open.
- Enter Username and Password.
- Click on “Login In” link.
Death Benefit Claim Form
To get the death benefit under West Bengal Krishak Bandhu Scheme farmer have to fill claim form. They have to fill Form 1 which is for claiming insurance cover or death benefit under the scheme. This claim form can be downloaded from the official portal.
Services available on Online Portal-
Users can available various information and services of the scheme through the offiical portal. These services include-
- Information about the Scheme through the Related to Farmer Friend tab (কৃষক বন্ধু সম্পর্কিত)
- Farmer search or Registered Farmer Information (নথিভুক্ত কৃষকের তথ্য)
- Department of Agriculture -Include login, Agent login, farmer registration, user sign up options (কৃষি বিভাগ)
- Project Management (প্রকল্প ব্যবস্থাপনা)
- Co-operative Bank (কো অপারেটিভ ব্যাঙ্ক)
- Helpline details (হেল্পলাইন)
For any assistance related to WB Krishak Bondhu Scheme, you can contact at the helpline details given as under-
Helpline No.- 8336957298, 6291720406
Email- [email protected]
In case of any issue related to Bengal Krishak Bandhu Scheme, readers can mention it in the comment section below.
|Wb Krishak Bandhu Official portal
|Krishak Bandhu Registered Farmer Information
|Application form PDF
|Swasthya Sathi Scheme
|Sabooj Sathi Scheme
What is the objective of WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme?
The main objective of this scheme is to provide farmers a financial assistance by disbursing them an assured income to live their life with ease.
What benefits are provided to beneficiaries under this scheme?
Beneficiaries are provided financial aide of Rs.5000/- for Kharid and Rabi season per year. This amount disbursed in two installments. Along with this, Government also provide a death benefit of upto 2 lakhs to the farmers.
Who is the implementing authority of Krishak Bandhu Scheme?
The scheme is implemented and managed by the Agriculture Department of West Bengal Govt.
Can a share cropper apply for the scheme?
Yes, farmers including all the share-croppers are eligible to apply for this scheme.
When did Bengal Govt. launch the scheme?
This scheme was launched on January 2019 by the CM of the state.
How to retrieve password, if user have forgotten the same?
To recover the password, one has to click on Forget Password link. After that they have to enter their email and have to verify it. Now, they can set a new password.