Gujarat Marriage Certificate| Apply Online| Eligibility| Documents: Marriage an important structure to the society is simply a social contract between to people and their families. To make this a legal contract and to be recognized as legal in the court of law, couples apply for a Marriage Certificate. Marriage certificate is legal instrument that tells that the two people are married. It is issued either digitally or in physical forms by the competent authorities appointed for the marriage registration process in each state of the country. Gujarat Marriage Certificate can also be obtained by submitting application in both online and offline mode.
Gujarat Marriage Certificate
As India a land of cultural diversities and religions, marriages are also registered under different Laws such Hindu Marriage Act, Parsi Marriage Act, Special Marriage Act etc. In Gujarat marriage registration process is carried out as per the Gujarat Registration of Marriages Act, 2006.Today, it has become quite compulsory for the married couples to get their marriage registered under civil registration as it is legal statement that can be used as a proof at various instances. There are several benefits of having a marriage certificate. Court marriage certificate is different from the marriage certificate as it comes under the civil registration system.
Gujarat Marriage certificate can be obtained from the concerned registrar by submit an online or offline application. Go through the given article to get detailed information about Gujarat Marriage Certificate, its registration process, list of documents required, eligibility details, and other related details.
Gujarat Marriage Certificate Registration: An Overview
|Gujarat Marriage Registration
|Gujarat Govt Scheme
|Government of Gujarat
|Mode of Registration
|Online and Offline
|Validity of Marriage Certificate
Uses & Benefits of Gujarat Marriage Certificate
- Marriage Certificate is a legal proof which indicated that two people are married to each other under a solemnized marriage
- It is required at the Bank for opening a joint bank account of husband and wife or
- With the help of marriage certificate married couple can easily file Visa or immigration.
- It is also helpful in providing tax benefits to the couple and other benefits like easy home loans, purchasing a property jointly etc.
- With a marriage certificate couple gets a sense of social security, acceptance, and assurance that their partner will not leave them.
- Marriage certificate play a vital role in any kind of legal proceedings which may include a case of property, divorces, custody of children, claiming insurance or other benefit, or as process of genealogical history.
GMC Eligibility Requirements
Marriage Certificate is issued only to the eligible applicants who fulfil each and every condition as specified by the Government. Therefore, before applying for a marriage certificate, applicants must go through the eligibility details and ensure that they are satisfying the eligibility requirement.
Get details of some of the basic requirements for submitting application for Gujarat Marriage certificate given below-
- Age Criteria- It is the most factor that every applicant should remember. Both bride and groom should have a attained the legal age of marriage.
– The age of the bride should be 18 years or above at the time of marriage.
-The age of groom should be 21 years or above at the time of marriage.
- For marriage under Hindu Marriage Act, applicants should be of Hindu religion or religion as specified under the Act.
- Citizenship- Applicants should be an Indian Citizen. If NRI then supporting document like Non-Objection Certificate (NOC) is required.
- At the time of marriage, applicants should not be having a spouse living.
- Mental Fitness- Both Bride and Groom should have sound mind.
- Remarriage is allowed only when bride and groom have no spouse living at the time of marriage.
To submit the application form whether online or offline, applicants have to attach an attested copy all the required documents and certificates to the application form. Without valid documents, no application shall be considered and verified. Applicants are required to provide following documents at the time of registration for Marriage Certificate-
- Original copy of Marriage Invitation
- Dully filled in application form (in case of offline application)
- Proof of residence of Bride and Groom (with name mentioned on it)- Driving License, Ration Card, Telephone Bill, Electricity Bill
- Date of birth proof/birth registration certificate
- Aadhaar Card of the applicants
- Identity Proof of both Bride and Groom
- Two passport Sized photographs applicants individually
- Two photographs of bride and groom in wedding dress and performing wedding rituals.
- Family photograph of applicants on the day of wedding
- Marriage Affidavit to be provided individually by the applicants in the specified format.
- Death Certificate of ex-spouse if required (in case of remarriage)
- Details of witnesses
- For NRI Applicants-
– A copy of passport
– Address proof
– Proof of residence of witnesses
Gujarat Marriage Certificate Online Registration
Online application for Marriage Certificate can be made through the eNagar Gujarat portal. It is basically a citizen service portal of the state government to deliver services to citizens through online mode. Using the marriage registration module on this portal, Gujarat citizens can apply for marriage certificate from any of the district of the state.
Check the online application process, explained below through step-by-step procedure-
Registration on Portal
To apply for issue of marriage certificate on eNagar Gujarat portal, one must create an account on the portal and get login details. They have to register themselves on the portal first. Check the registration process mentioned below-
- Step 1- Starting by searching eNagar portal on your browser or just visit the concerned link given in the quick link section below.
- Step 2- Now, click on eNagar portal on the google search page and open the portal.
- Step 3- On the homepage, click on “Register” tab given on the menu bar.
- Step 4– Fill Registration Details like valid mobile No., or email, password, captcha code in the space provided. Click on Generate OTP link.
- Step 5- Enter OTP and verify details.
- Step 6- After verification registration on portal will be completed.
- Step 7– Keep the login details safe.
Once applicants have registered on the portal, they can proceed to submit application for Marriage Certificate. GMC online application process using eNagar portal is given below-
- Step 1- Open the official portal of eNagar.
- Step 2- Click on the “Online Services” tab on portal’s homepage.
- Step 3- Now, select Marriage Registration from the drop-down option.
- Step 4– A dialog box for login will open on the screen.
- Step 5- Enter username and password and captcha in the given space. Click on “Login” tab to proceed.
- Step 6- Now, citizen login page will open. On this page click on “Marriage Application” menu.
- Step 7- Select Marriage Registration from the drop down option.
- Step 8- Marriage certificate application form will appear.
- Step 9- Now, start with selecting the respective ULB/ Nagarpalika. Start filling the basic details as asked in the form. Basic details include marriage details, Bride and groom details, address and proceed to next step.
- Step 10- Fill Applicant is NRI, fill NRI details and move to next step.
- Step 11- Fill other details as asked in the space provided and submit details.
- Step 12- Now, you have to upload all the required documents in the specified format.
- Step 13- Submit documents can complete the application process.
Offline Registration Process
In case a citizen is not able to submit online access due to any of the reason, then he/she can also apply in offline mode. Check the offline application process given as under-
- Applicants have to visit the the concerned Registrar office.
- Obtain the Marriage certificate application form from the concerned officer.
- Fill the application form carefully with accurate details.
- Attack all the attested documents with the application form and submit the dully filled-in application form at the Registrar Office.
- Once the details will be verified, marriage certificate will be issued to the applicants. Generally two copies of the certificate are issued to the applicants.
Applicants have to pay the application fee for marriage certificate registration. Check application fee details given as under-
- If Memorandum of marriage/marriage certificate application is submitted within thirty days of Marriage then applicants have to pay an application fee of Rs.5/-.
- If Memorandum of marriage/marriage certificate application is submitted after a month of date of Marriage then applicants have to submit Rs.15/- as application fee.
- In case application is submitted after 90 days of marriage then the application fee will be Rs.25/-.
- For Online application, applicants have to follow the given instructions-
– Go to the online portal.
– Click on Quick pay option.
– Select “Marriage Registration Payment” link from dropdown menu.
– Select respective ULB, enter application number, registration no., captcha code and click on “Search” button.
– Make requisite payment and save the payment receipt.
Details to be filled in the application form
Applicants have to fill following information in the application form-
- Concerned ULB
- Date of Marriage
- Marriage Place Type
- Address of Marriage Place in Gujarati and English
- ULB City
- Bride and Bridegroom details-
– Name in Gujarati and English
– Date of birth
– Country code
– Mobile No.
– Marital Status at the time of Marriage
– Complete address
- NRI details (if NRI)
- Other details
|Gujarat eNagar official portal
|Gujarat Marriage certificate online registration on eNagar portal
|Gujarat Marriage certificate Memorandum of Marriage
|Online Application Fee Payment
|Shram Suvidha Portal
|Delhi Marriage Registration