(NPTEL) Swayam Registration: SWAYAM is an acronym for Study Webs of Active-Learning for Young Aspiring Minds. It is basically a MOOC (Massive open online courses) of India. SWAYAM is an initiative of Indian Government to accomplish the three major principles of the Education policy i.e., Access, Equity & Quality. The main aim behind the launch of this initiative is to ensure and impart best learning experience to the learners across the country including the most underprivileged. As it an online platform, Swayam Registration is must for all the learners in order to join a course.
SWAYEM Platform was developed by the joint efforts of Ministry of Education and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). However, its current platform has been developed by the Ministry and NPTEL, IIT Madras in association with Persistent Systems Ltd. (PSL) and Google Inc. It was launched on 9th of July in 2017 by the honorable president of the country.
Latest Update: SWAYAM NPTEL exam which are scheduled to be conducted on 24/ 25th April 2021 has been postponed. Revised scheduled will be released in due course.
(NPTEL) Swayam Registration
SWAYEM is another instance where we can see the influence of digital India initiative as the learning here imparted through a digital medium. It offers courses to learners from class 9th to Post Graduation. These courses can be accessed by anyone anytime from any location of the country. Courses under this platform are hosted in four quadrants viz. (a) Video Lecture (b)Printable/ downloadable reading study material (c) Tests and quizzes for self-assessment (d) Online forum for discussions and sorting out doubts. Courses can be accessed free of cost for learning.
If you are looking for details on SWAYAM Registration, then is article is exclusively for you. Here you will be getting a close look at all the important aspects and point of this initiative of Indian Government in the field of Education.
(NPTEL) Swayam Registration: Overview
|Name of the Platform
|Central Govt Scheme
|Ministry of Education (Formerly Ministry of Human Resource Development (M.H.R.D.)
|Date of Launch
|9th July 2017
|MHRD & AICTE
|To provide best learning experience to students through across the globe in digital mode
|From class IX to Post Graduate programs
|Users of online portal
|Learners, Faculty & Admins
|Available for Android
|Mode of Registration
Objectives of SWAYAM
Check the main objectives of SWAYAM Scheme given below-
- To create online content in the form of courses from class 9th upto Post Graduation ensuring to cover all the discipline in order to made it available for the learners through SWAYAM.
- To host thousands of courses for the benefit of learners on this Indian MOOCs platform.
- To reuse NMEICT online content as per the Pedagogy / Andragogy of SWAYAM.
- To provide enough bandwidth along with strong internet cloud for current viewing of online content by millions of users.
- To conduct exam for various courses on time basis and award certificates to the learners after the completion of course.
- To recommend Institutions and schools for implementing CBCS (credit system) on courses offered under SWAYAM.
- To bridge the gap between digital learning and the most disadvantage section so that they can be brought to the conventional knowledge economy.
Benefits of SWAYAM
The benefits of SWAYAM are list below-
- SWAYAM provides Best-in-Class faculty and Instructors for learners who empowers them with their knowledge & skill.
- To complete the academic programs of the learners, SWAYAM also facilitates Credit Transfer. With this student get benefits in their academics.
- It has also a feature of Active Local Chapters so the effectiveness and efficacy of MOOCs can be enhanced.
- Through its Systematic Approach learners are enables to achieve their goal of learning in an effective manner.
- Weekly Assignments are given to the learners on a timely basis to monitor the progress of the learners.
- Proctored Exams are conducted with the help of authorised partners to evaluate the performance of learners and to award certificates to the successful learners.
Scope of SWAYAM
Learning programs under SWAYAM covers-
- Course content is based on curriculum which covers various disciplines and subjects like Science, Arts, commerce, social sciences, engineering, technology, humanities, law, agriculture, medicine etc.
- Course and curriculum that has potential to meet the education need of the life-long scholars/learners.
- Skill based programs are also covered under this platform to develop vocational and industrial skills
- A module for School education i.e. from class 9th to 12th is also there which facilitates learners to understand the topics better and prepare them for competitive exams.
- Professional certification programs and advanced curriculum under the domain of higher education.
- Also covers some independent courses as awareness course and developing a specific set of skills in the learners. Although these courses are not a part of any set curriculum like other courses.
SWAYAM National Coordinators
Ministry of Education has appointed 9 institutions as National coordinators for this online learning platform. These coordinators prepare online courses for this platform as per the sector assigned to them.
|Name of the National Coordinator
|AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education)
|Self-paced & International courses
|NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning)
|CEC (Consortium for Educational Communication)
|Under Graduate Education
|NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling)
|NCERT (National Council of Educational Research and Training)
|NITTTR (National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research)
|Teacher Training programme
|IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University)
|Out-of-school students/ Open mode
|IIMB (Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore)
|UGC (University Grants Commission)
|Non-Technical Post Graduation Education
Technical Requirements for Availing SWAYAM Courses
To avail the courses under SWAYAM, learners are required to have fulfil all the technical specifications. For learning on SWAYAM platform, they must have-
- They must have high speed active internet connectivity
- System Requirements-
– Desktop/ Laptop with proper internet connection
– Device should have a latest flash player installed in it
– Port-Port 80 or Port 1935 RTMP should be open
– Operating System (OS) requirements include- Android, MS Windows, MAC iOS, Linux
– Browser Requirement- Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera
SWAYEM Free Online Learning Courses
It offers courses to the students across the country and abroad from class 9th to various Post Graduation. Under SWAYAM learners can avail a huge number of courses in diverse disciplines. They just have to join the respective course. They can join multiple courses at a time. By clicking on SWAYAM Course Catelog option, they can get a list of all the ongoing and upcoming courses available under all the nine National coordinators.
One can also avail courses in regional language on SWAYAM.
SWAYAM Registration Process
Lets, see how a learners can join a course or register for it here in this section-
- Go to the SWAYAM Portal first
- Click on All Courses link or on Course Catalog link on the homepage.
- Now, filter your course from the options available. You can also click on your account and a list of all the ongoing courses will open.
- Once, course is selected, details of the course will open. Click on “Join” link.
- Fill the save profile details and click on Save button.
- You will get registered for the selected course. Confirmation will be shown on the same and will also be sent on registered email.
- Course outline details will open and you can avail the content. Click on announcement to get regular updates and notices.
How to Register for a course on SWAYAM?
To join any course on this platform, it is compulsory for every learner to register themselves. Check the SWAYAM registration procedure explained here in step-by-step process-
- Step 1- Visit the official website of SWAYAM. Link is shared below.
- Step 2- Click on “Sign In/ Register” option given on the top right of the home screen.
- Step 3- You can login with your Microsoft, Google or Facebook directly without registering on the portal. To register on the portal using your email, you have to click on “Sign Up Now” link.
- Step 4- Now registration form will open. Fill all the details, verify email using the verification code send to you. Click on Create button.
- Step 5- After this, you will be redirected to a profile update page. Update your profile details such as age, qualification and other details as asked. Once all the details are filled, click on “Save and Continue” button.
- Step 6- Now, AICTE code of etiquette will appear. Click on “I Agree” button to proceed.
- Step 7- Registration will be completed successfully. Keep the login username and password safely for login purpose.
SWAYAM App Download
SWAYAM also has a mobile app for learners. They also avail SWAYAM services through their smart phones. Currently, it is available for Android phones. Check how to download and access SWAYAM App-
- Open Play Store.
- Enter SWAYAM in the search box.
- SWAYAM app option will open. Click on that and download it.
- Install the app and register on it.
In case of any support regarding SWAYAM, learners can email their queries at the respective Coordinators at the given helplines-
|SWAYEM official portal
|SWAYEM Registration Link
|SWAYEM Course Catalog
|Mobile App Download
|SWAYAM courses Regional Language
|New CSC Registration
Can a student living outside India apply for courses on SWAYAM?
Can a student living outside India apply for courses on SWAYAM?
Is there any fee applicable for course Is their fee for registration on SWAYAM and for enrolling/ registering for any course?
No, the learners can access any of the program free of cost but to get a certificate learners have to register for exam and have to appear in the exam on the scheduled date. For registration for certificate, they have to pay requisite fee.
What are the other ways of signing up on SWAYAM?
Apart from registering on SWAYAM using email/ SWAYAM account, learners can also signup using their Google, Microsoft or Facebook account.
Can I take SWAYAM exams from home?
No, for exams you have to visit the exam centre allotted to you on the date of exam.
How to download admit card for exams?
Admit card will be hosted on SWAYAM portal which can be downloaded from candidate login.
Will the learners be issued hard copy of the Certificate?
No, they will be issued an e-Certificate. No Hard copy of certificate is issued by the authority.
Is there any time limit or deadline for enrolling into a course?
You can enroll in scheduled courses from 60 days before the beginning of course. For self-paced courses there is no time limit, you can enroll anytime.
Can we download our content for accessing it offline when required?
Yes, provided you must have been given access for downloading the content by your faculty.