A ration card is a document that is issued by the State Government to eligible citizens so that they become eligible to get Food and other civil supplies at affordable prices. Only those citizens who possess a valid ration card are eligible to avail food and other commodities at a reduced price. If you wish to buy food grains and other ration supplies at subsidized prices in Manipur then you must have Manipur Ration Card. It can be obtained by submitting an application form along with supporting documents.
FPS across the country has been automated and now there is Aadhaar based authentication at all the POS. Automation has ensured that there are no bogus transactions that used to happen before the digitization of FPS. Manipur has also implemented the “One Nation One Ration” (ONOR) scheme in the state. Citizens of Manipur and migrants can now get ration supplies under the ONOR scheme.
Manipur Ration Card
Ration Cards in Manipur are issued by the Department of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Government of Manipur. The department caters to various Food supplies activities in the state such as procurement of food grains with other essential civil supplies, monitoring proper supply and distribution system, protecting consumer rights etc.
Complete information about Manipur Ration card like application process, eligibility requirements, documents, type of ration cards, application status, FPS, report and other related information can be collected from this article.
Overview of Manipur Ration Card
|Title||Manipur Ration Card|
|Category||Manipur Govt. Scheme|
|Concerned Department||Department of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Govt. of Manipur|
|Mode of application||Online/ Offline|
|Food department website (PDS)||pdsmanipur.nic.in|
|Official ePDS portal||epds.nic.in|
Types of Ration Cards in Manipur
Three types of ration cards are issued by Manipur Government to its citizens under the NFSA scheme and based on family income. These are-
- Antyodaya Ann Yojana Ration Card: AAY ration card are issued to the citizens who have unstable income or two the citizens who are disabled, unemployed, old aged etc.
- APL Ration card- These Ration cards are issued to the citizens comes under Above Poverty Line and have an annual family income above the limit specified by the Government.
- BPL Ration Card- These ration cards are issued to citizens who comes under Below Poverty Line and have income less than the limit specified by the government.
Manipur ePDS & its Services
ePDS portal facilitates the dissemination of real-time information to the ration card about any of the activities regarding the PDS system.
- Ration Card Search
- Mobile Registration
- MIS & Report Services include-
– FPS Wise ration card
– Ration card application status report
– Drilldown ration card
– Aadhar seeding status report
– Bank seeding Status report
– FPS wise added ration card report
– FPS wise deleted ration card report
– NFSA/ Non NFSA ration card report
– FPS wise Ration Card Modification Report
Eligibility Criteria to apply for Manipur Ration Card
Manipur Government issues ration cards under various categories only to applicants who satisfy all the required conditions as prescribed. Check the basic requirements for ration card application in the state of Manipur given as under-
- Applicants needs to be resident of Manipur.
- Applicant should be the female head of the family. However, if there is not female head, male candidate can act as the head of the family and can get ration card issued in his name.
- Applicants should not be already in possession of ration card.
- Newly married couple who cooks separately from their family can apply for a fresh ration card.
- Annual income criteria should also be filled to get the preferred type of ration card.
Application Procedure of Manipur Ration Card
Application for a new ration card in Manipur can be made online or offline. Here, we have explained both online and offline processes.
Online application Process for Manipur Ration Card
To obtain Ration Card online eligible citizens can follow the step-by-step process given below-
- Step 1- Visit the official portal.
- Step 2- Search for application link and click on it.
- Step 3- Application form will open.
- Step 4- Fill all the details carefully in the application form.
- Step 5- Upload necessary documents in the fields provided in requisite format.
- Step 6- Cross check the details mentioned in the application form before submitting it.
- Step 7- Submit the details.
- Step 8- Download the application id and receipt for further references.
Offline Application Process for Manipur Ration Card
Those who do not have any access to the online application process or have any other issues can apply offline.
- For offline application, applicants have to visit the concerned office. They have to obtain the application form the officer concerned. They can also write application for ration card on a plain paper.
- Now, fill the application form with correct information.
- Applicants must put their signature wherever there is requirement in the application form.
- No wrong information is to be filled in the application form.
- Attach all the attested documents to the application form.
- Submit filled in Manipur Ration Card application form along with the enclosed documents at the office.
- Take the acknowledgment slip from the concerned office and keep it safe for further references.
- Applicants will receive all the updates regarding the ration card on their registered mobile number.
Details to be Filled in the application form
Applicants are generally fil following particulars in ration card application form-
- Name the application (head of the family- preferably woman)
- Name of the father/ Husband
- Mother’s name
- Mobile No.
- Aadhaar number
- Complete Address with pin code
- Age/ Date of birth
- Family Income
- Caste and category
- Name, age, Aadhaar, relationship and other details of each of the family member
- Details of Gas Connection
- Other details
Documents Required Ration Card Application
The documents that candidates are required to submit along with the Manipur Ration card application form are listed below-
- Id proof of the applicant- Voter Id/ Aadhaar card/ driving license / Any other Id issued by govt
- Address Proof of the applicant- PAN Card / Bank Passbook/ Driving License / Post Office Passbook / Electricity Bill / Municipal Holding receipt/ Telephone Bill).
- Age proof/ date of birth proof
- A copy of income proof/ income certificate issued by competent authority
- Affidavit (if required)
- Land details
- Rent Agreement (of tenant)
- Aadhar card of each family member
- Photograph of the applicant
- Surrender certificate of ration card if applying for ration card in other state.
- Other required documents
Manipur RC Application Status
After successful application, applicants are also provided with an option to check the status report of their Manipur Ration card application. They can simply track it online by following the procedure depicted below-
- Open epds website and click on “MIS and reports” link.
- Now, hit Report link in drop down.
- Click on “RC Application Status Report” link.
- Select District and date for which you wish to check status report.
- Click on Generate report link.
- Finally, ration card pending status report will be shown.
- Save and print this page for your record. For this, click on “Print” button.
Details Printed on Manipur Ration Card
After proper verification of applications, a ration card is issued to the beneficiaries. A ration card contains the following information it-
- Ration Card Id
- Card Type
- Name of the ration card holder / head of the family
- Mother’s name
- Father’s name
- Photograph of the card holder
- Present Address
- FPS details- fps id and name
- Details of commodities
- Details of all the member of the family as furnished in the application form. These details include- Name, gender, age, date of birth, mother’s name, father’s name, relationship with the applicant, Uid.
Aadhaar Seeding Status
Applicants who have Aadhaar seeded RC can also check their Aadhaar seeding status online.
- Visit Manipur ePDS website.
- Go to MIS and Report link, and click on Report button that appears in drop down menu.
- Now, click on Aadhaar Seeding Status report link.
- Now, DFSO wise Aadhaar seeding report will open.
- Click on DFSO link for more information.
- Now, AFSO wise Aadhaar seeding report will display.
- Check the details.
Manipur RC Application Status for Modification/ other Requests
After submitting a request for modification in ration details or other requests, applicants can track their application status online using Manipur ePDS portal. Check how they can track Manipur ration card application status-
- Visit the official epds portal of the Department of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Manipur. Check link below.
- Now, you will land of the homepage of the portal.
- On the left side, click on “Other” link.
- A drop-down box showing two different options will open.
- Click on “Ration Card search” option.
- User will be redirected to a new webpage. On this page, you have to click on “Search Your Ration Card Application” link.
- Now, two search options will open- “RC Application Status for Modification Requests” and “RC Application Status for other Requests”.
- You can choose any of the option as per your need.
- After clicking on respective option, enter reference no in the space available.
- Click on continue button and application status will display.
FPS Wise Ration Card
- Go to Manipur ePDS portal.
- Click on MIS and Reports tab.
- Click on Reports link.
- Now, hit the first option i.e. “FPS wise ration card”.
- Now, details of ration card in each FPS will open. Here, you can see DFSO, AFSO, FPS Id, License No., Owner name, and business shop name wise Ration card details.
Drilldown Ration Card
Follow the given steps to check DFSO wise ration card details-
- Open epds portal.
- Click on “MIS and Reports” link.
- Hit Report link and click on “Drilldown ration card” option.
- DFSO wise ration card report will open.
- Click on Concerned DFSO for further information.
- Now, AFSO-wise report under the selected DFSO will open.
- Click on respective AFSO name.
- Now, FPS wise report will open.
- For further ration card details, click on concerned FPS id number.
- Now, the details of all the ration card holders under the selected FPS will open.
- Click on view link given against your ration card id.
- Complete details of selected ration card will open.
NFSA/ Non NFSA Ration card Report
- Go to the official portal.
- Click on reports link.
- Now, Go to NFSA/ Non NFSA Ration card report link.
- DFSO-wise NFSA ration card report will open.
- For more information, select respective DFSO link.
- The report of all the AFSO under the selected DFSO will appear.
- Check number of NFSA beneficiaries.
- Click on respective AFSO Link.
- List of all the Fair Price Shops under the selected AFSO will open.
- Hit Your FPS shop id link.
- Report of all the NFSA RC holders under the chosen FPS will display.
- Save or take a printout of it further references.
Service Delivery Process
|Application Type||Service Delivery Time|
|Issue of New Ration Card||30 days|
|Inclusion of name in Ration Card||10 days|
|Deletion of name in Ration card||10 days|
|Change in Address||10 days|
|Manipur Food Supply Department official portal (PDS portal)||Click Here|
|Manipur ePDS portal||Click Here|
|FPS wise ration Card||Click Here|
|Manipur RC Application Status Report||Click Here|
|Drilldown Ration Card||Click Here|
|Maharashtra Ration Card||Click Here|
For any doubt regarding this post on Manipur Ration Card, applicants can write us in the comment section.