Karnataka Surya Raitha Scheme| Application Form| Eligibility & Benefit| India is an agriculture- oriented country and therefore it plays a prominent role in Indian Economy. To develop agriculture sector and support farmers, Government come up with numerous agricultural schemes. These schemes are launched by the Central Government or State Government. Karnataka Surya Raitha Scheme is one of the schemes of Karnataka Government for development of agriculture production in the state by efficient use of solar energy.
Karnataka Surya Raitha Scheme
Irrigation is an important part of agriculture activity but it also leads to energy crises as a huge amount of electric energy is consumed by the electric water pumps. Taking this issue into consideration, Karnataka Government decided to use an alternative of source energy in place of electric energy for irrigation. It also launched new energy policy and Surya Raitha Scheme was an integral part of the new energy policy.
Under this scheme, State government provide Solar energy based pumpsets to the farmers of the state so that they can overcome energy crises and generate more revenue with proper irrigation facility. A subsidy of 90% is provided to farmers for installing solar power run pumsets in their fields. Farmers also get a source of extra income from this scheme, as the excessive power generated by the solar plant is bought by the state government. This scheme is equally beneficial for Government and farmers.
Those who are interested in knowing more about this innovative scheme of Karnataka Government, should go through this article once. Here they are going to get an insight about the scheme, its application process, beneficiaries, important documents, and other aspects.
Karnataka Surya Raitha Scheme: An Overview
|Name of the scheme
|Surya Raitha Scheme
|Karnataka Government Scheme
|Karnataka Renewable Energy Development Ltd.
|State Govt Funded scheme
|Welfare of farmers by providing solar energy enabled irrigation facility
|Farmers of the state
|Current Application Status
|Mode of Application
Features and benefits of the scheme
Have a look at some of the important features and benefits of this revolutionary scheme of Karnataka Government-
- Karnataka Surya Raitha Scheme was initially announced in the year 2014 when the government launched its State solar policy (2014-2021).
- The scheme was actually launched and implemented in the year 2018.
- The main objective of this scheme is to provide agricultural support to farmers so that productivity and revenue can be enhanced.
- Under this one of its kind of scheme, farmers are provided solar energy enabled water pumsets to be installed in their fields so that regular flow of energy and water for irrigation can be ensured.
- 90% subsidy is offered by the state government to the farmers for the installation of solar waterpumps.
- It is a state Government funded scheme which should not be confused with PM-KUSUM Scheme which is Central Govt scheme.
- The pumpsets which are provided to the farmers are metered pumps to monitor the consumption of power.
- This helps in improving productivity and revenue.
- The implementation of this scheme has made the farmers to switch to clean and environmental renewal source of energy.
- The solar panels will provide uninterrupted power supply to farmers for irrigation throughout the year.
- Farmers also get an alternative source of income with this project as they can also sell the excessive solar power which they have stored.
- This excessive solar energy is diverted to Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited (BESCOM), they state energy supply company, which pays the farmer in return.
- The extra income will facilitate farmers to become financially stable.
- Government has formed a cooperative society naming Surya Raitha Krushi Vidyuth Balakedarara Sahakara Sangha Niyamitha for effective implementation of the project.
- This scheme helps to prevent the shortage of power and water for irrigation purpose.
- Farmers do not have to pay heavy electricity bills.
- This scheme helps to harness and promote the usage of Renewable energy sources for improved farm productivity.
Only eligible farmers are liable to get benefits of this path-breaking scheme. Check the basic eligibility requirements of this scheme given here-
- All the farmers who are permanent resident of Karnataka are eligible for this scheme.
- Applicants must own an agricultural land holding within the boundaries of the state and must be engaged in farming activities.
Documents Required for Application
Farmers need to submit all the documents as prescribed for the authority at the time of application. Without proper documents no applications will be accepted. The important documents which are required for this scheme includes-
- Identity Proof of Farmer/ Aadhaar card
- Proof of Residence
- Valid Mobile No.,
- Farm/ Land papers
- Bank Account details- Bank Pass book
- Passport sized photograph
- Other relevant documents as applicable
Karnataka Surya Raitha Scheme Application Process
Check details of application process for this scheme given below-
- As of now no clear information about the application process is available.
- In case application forms are provided online, then applicants have to visit the official website of the implementing authority i.e. Karnataka Renewable Energy Development Ltd.
- On the portal, they have to search for the application form link.
- If registration is required, then they must register themselves on the portal.
- After successful registration they can proceed with application form filling.
- They must fill all the information carefully in the form.
- Attach the necessary documents as per the prescribed format.
- Before submitting the application form, they must recheck the entries.
- After reviewing details, applicants can submit application form.
- Lastly, them must download the application form/ receipt for references.
- In case application process is offline, then applicants have to obtain the application form from the concerned authorities.
- They have to fill the form and submit it with the documents enclosed before the last date.
Note: Application process is currently not active, as soon as application process will be started, we will update the apply link here. Till then you are requested to have a close watch on this article for latest updates on application process.
|Guidelines for Surya Raitha Scheme
|Karnataka Ration Card List
|PM Kisan Registration
Any query related Karnataka Surya Raitha Scheme can be brought into the notice of the concerned authority. The complete contact details are as follows-
Karnataka Renewable Energy Development Ltd.
Phone No.- 080-22207851/ 22208109, 9480691041
Email- [email protected]
Who are the beneficiary of Surya Raitha Scheme in Karnataka?
Farmers of the state are the prospective beneficiaries under this scheme.
When did Karnataka Government launched Surya Raitha Scheme?
It was official launced on 2018. However, govt announced it in 2014.
Which is the authority responsible for catering this scheme?
The scheme is implemented by Karnataka Government Enterprise i.e. Karnataka Renewable Energy Development Ltd. (KREDL).
What benefits are offered to farmers under this scheme?
All the beneficiaries farmers are provided solar power run metered water-pumps at subsidized rates.
To whom farmers can sell the extra power generated by the solar panel?
This power is diverted to BESCOM Grid and return it had to pay the farmer.
Is it compulsory for a farmer to have a land holding?
Yes, farmers must be engaged in farming activities and have a land so that solar-panels for power supply can be installed in their fields.