PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana: Being an agrarian Economy, The GDP of the Indian economy relies heavily upon the farmers’ shoulders. The weightage of a farmer’s handwork ensures the food for the country. But there exist enough hindrances in the pathway of farmers in the form of Excessive Rainfall, Drought, Hailstone, etc. To avoid and cover up this uncertainty, the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme has been initiated by the Central government in which small and marginal farmers are entitled to get Rs 6000/ year as minimum Financial support as income. This article provides the Applicants and beneficiaries with a complete overview of benefits, eligibility, Registration procedure, and Farmer sections of the scheme portal.
About PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme
On 24th February 2019, the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme was launched in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh by PM Narendra Modi. The core aim behind launching the scheme was to safeguard the interests of the landholding farmers through financial assistance to their families throughout the whole nation. The scheme will thus, allow them to cut out the agricultural and other incurred expense costs. The scheme entitles a yearly sum of Rs 6000 which is distributed uniformly in Rs 2000 every 4 months.
PM Kisan Nidhi Scheme- Overview
|Name of the Scheme||Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi|
|Scheme Type||Central Government|
|Launched on||24th February, 2019|
|Effective since||1st December 2018|
|Aim||To financially assist the family of farmer|
|Scheme Benefit||Financial aid of Rs 6000 provided in 3 installments of Rs 2000 each.|
|Target Beneficiaries||Marginal and Small farmers|
|Cost of the Scheme||Rs 75000 crore|
|Scheme Implemented by||By Piyush Goyal|
Eligibility Criteria for PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
Provided below are the principle to be fulfilled to apply for PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana:
- As per the scheme, the small and marginal farmers whose nuclear family comprises wife and children shall apply.
- Farmers belonging to both rural and urban areas are considered.
- The gross land ownership of the family of the farmer should not exceed 2 hectares of land.
- Farmers families holding the cultivable land are also eligible to apply.
However, Scheme also has some excluding factors considering the ineligibility. These are as follows:
- Operational Landholders
- Former/Current employees of State/Central government or an Public Sector Unit/Autonomous Public Organisation (PSU).
- Retired persons with Pension above Rs 10000
- Registered Professionals/Practitioners
Documents Required for PM Kisan Samman Nidhi 2021 Registration
While applying for PM Kisan Yojana applicants have to upload some important documents. Provided below is the list of documents required for applying in Pradhan Mantri Samman Nidhi Yojana:-
- The original paper of the field
- Bank passbook of Applicant
- Passport size photo
- Aadhar card of Recipient
- Voter ID card
- Identity card
- Residence certificate
- Full Land details from land revenue department
Benefit to Eligible Applicants under PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme
The PM Kisan Samman Nidhi strengthens the landholding farmers through a financial cover of Rs 6000 in 2000 for every quadrimester which is availed to the farmers through Direct Benefit transfer into their Aadhar Linked Banked Accounts. These installments shall be transferred immediately on the identification and successful registration of the beneficiaries. Thus, the farmers are relieved to utilize the grant for their agriculture expenditure or basic commodities needs.
How to Apply Offline for PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme?
To apply offline for registering into PM Kisan Samman Nidhi, follow the steps provided below:
- Open the web browser of your device
- On the search bar, Type ‘PM Kisan Nidhi Samman Application Form‘
- The site will be redirected and a separate PDF of the Application will be opened in front of you
- Fill out Annexure 1 with all Personal, Bank, and landholding details, Annexure-2 with signing the Self-Declaration, and read out all the guidelines before submitting to the verifying authority
How to Register Online for PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme?
Provide below are the steps to Register online for PM Kisan Samman Scheme :
- Go to the Official web portal of the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Scheme.
- Look into the “Farmer Corner” Section denoted on the right side of the corner.
- Now tap on the ‘New Farmer Registration‘ section displayed on the homepage.
- A New farmer registration Portal will appear in front of you
- Hereby Provide all the required information correctly as shown in the image below:
- Enter the Aadhar Card number, Choose your state from the Drop Down Menu and Enter the Captcha Code as shown in the Image Code Section.
- Click On the Search Button. and once you are redirected to the application form page, Complete and Submit the form and take a printout for future reference.
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana Application Correction
Beneficiaries who have applied for the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme but have any hindrance or any discrepancy happening are facilitated to correct their details and look out to the various sections associated with it. We have provided below the columns in which Beneficiaries shall do the Application correction.
How to Edit Aadhar Details in PM Kisan Nidhi?
Provided below is the process to Edit Aadhar details:
- Open the homepage of Kisan Samman Nidhi
- From the ‘Farmers Corner‘ menu, Choose the ‘Edit Aadhar Failure Records‘ appearing on the 2nd column.
- Now you will be redirected to the Edit Aadhar No. portal.
- Hereby provide your Aadhar number and the Captcha in the textboxes and Tap the search button on the bottom.
How to Edit Account number Details?
Following are the steps that are ought to be followed to Edit Account number details:
- Visit the Official homepage of PM-Kisan Samman Nidhi.
- Once the homepage opens, On the right side, the Farmers Corner menu will appear from where you have to choose the ‘Edit Aadhar Failure Records‘.
- Now a new window of ‘Edit Account Number‘ will appear whereby you will have to provide the account number along with the CAPTCHA and have click on the Search button.
- Your Account details credentials provided at the time of Registration will appear in front of you.
How to Edit Mobile Number Details?
To edit the Mobile Number in the PM Kisan Nidhi scheme, Follow the steps stated below:
- Once the homepage of the website opens, See the right side of the page where Farmers corner is located and Tap on the ‘Edit Aadhar Failure Records‘ from the menu.
- Now the new portal to Edit Mobile Number will open where you will have to provide the Mobile Number and Image text as provided.
- Lastly, Tap on Search Button and the data pertaining to the provided number will appear in front of the screen.
How to Check/Correct the Farmer Details?
One can check or correct the Farmr details by doing the following steps:
- Visit the Official portal of the scheme- PM Kisan Nidhi.
- On the homepage of the official website, Choose the menu bar of ‘Farmers Corner’ and Click on the ‘Edit Aadhar Failure Records‘ option.
- Post clicking you will be redirected to the separate window where the Farmer Details will be appearing.
- In the column, Choose your respective state from the State Drop bar, select your District, sub-district, block and the Village from the respective Drop-Down Menus.
- After filling, Just below that Farmer/Beneficiary should type his Official Name in the column and Enter the Image text generated in the box.
- On clicking Search, the Farmer’s registered data will appear which can be edited from the Farmer’s end and submitted.
How to Edit Self-Register Farmer Details?
To edit the Self-Register Farmers details, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the web portal of Kisan Samman Nidhi
- Once landing on the homepage, Visit the ‘Farmers Corner‘ and Click on ‘Edit Self-Registered farmer‘
- A new tab will appear in which the Applicant will need to mention the Aadhar Number along with the CAPTCHA and click on Search button.
- Lastly, The data of Self-Register Farmer will appear in front of the screen.
How to Check Beneficiary List in PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana?
One can check the beneficiary list in Pm Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme by following the below steps:
- Once the homepage opens, scroll over the “Farmers Corner” menu bar and then click on the “Beneficiary List” option appearing on the 1st column.
- Upon clicking the ‘Get Report‘, the decentralized list on the basis of State, District, Sub-District, Block and Villages selected by the beneficiaries will appear on the screen as shown in the image below:
Statistical data of the Beneficiaries under PM Kisan Samman Nidhi
Provided below is the tabular representation of the Statistics showing the data of covered beneficiaries:
- Period Wise
|Total Number of Beneficiaries||11.73 Crores|
How To Download PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Mobile Application?
To Download the PM Kisan Application in your mobile, Follow the steps provided below:
- Visit the official webpage of the PM Kisan Nidhi Scheme.
- Once the homepage appears on the screen, Click on the right corner of the home page, where the Farmers Corner Menu is located.
- From the Farmers corner section, Tap on the ‘Download PMKisan Mobile App‘.
- The link on being tapped will redirect the user into the Play store
- Now Tap on the ‘Install‘ option upon the right side and your Downloading will start.
- Once the app gets downloaded to your device, you shall check all the information and procedure of the scheme on it.
Note: The Application is an APK file and only compatible with the Android Platforms.
PM Kisan Helpline Number
In case the Applicants/Beneficiaries face any concern/hindrance pertaining to the Application, then they shall contact the following Helpline undersigned:
Or shall write down the query at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org /email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi is a scheme launched by the central government to provide financial aid to all landholding farmers’ families in the country to cover up the cost incurred on various agriculture and other related expenses on essential commodities. Through the Pm Kisan Samman Scheme, the whole economical burden towards transfer of benefit to targeted beneficiaries will be paid by Government of India.
Farmers’ (SMF) families?
Initially, the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme was launched with the applicability upon the Small scale farmers and their families who has an area of cultivation of 2 hectares. But a revised change in the policy of the scheme on 1st June,2019 opened the financial cover to al the families of the agrarian workers under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Scheme.
The PM Kisan Samman Scheme was officially launched by the Honorable Prime Minister of India, Mr Narendra Modi at Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh.
As per the Scheme, all the agriculturers who are the citizens of India and comprise the Nuclear family of Wife and children with a cultivable land not more than 2 hectares of land are eligible to get themselves registered under the yojana.
There will be Direct bank Transfer(DBT) mode through which the entitled aid will be transferred in the Beneficiary’s account post the successful registration into the scheme.
Institutional landholders, Certified Field Professionals, Public Employees/Retired employees associated with Government Ministries/Department/Autonomous body/Public sector unit are not eligible for availing the scheme.
The PM Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme entitles the registered farmers with an annual financial aid of Rs 6000 which is received equally in Rs 2000 in period of every 4 months to remove the financial burden from the farmers.
Yes the Farmers irrespective of the rural or urban area they are working or have come across are open to register and receive the benefits of the scheme.
The applicant farmers from any of the Indian state must carry an Identity card, Voter ID, Certificate of Residence Proof, Official papers of the cultivable land and Bank Passbook during the time of Registration for the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme.
The official link to access the web portal of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi is https://pmkisan.gov.in/
Yes, the Applicant can edit the crucial information such as Account number, Aadhar number, Mobile number etc. by locating the Farmers corner inside the scheme’s portal.
Once opening the Beneficiary list window from the Farmers corner, Applicant needs to select his state, district, Block, Sub-District, and the village in which he cultivates from each of the Drop-downs bar respectively and Click the Get report option. The decentralised list of the customised search result of the details of the Beneficiary will be displayed on the screen.