Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme: With the growing need to cater education to all the underprivileged sections, scholarship plays a very crucial role to provide financial stability to the student and encourages him/her to take education. With a similar approach, the State government of Andhra Pradesh, headed by Mr. YSR Jagan Reddy launched the Jagananna Vidya Deevena scheme for the students coming from the backward sections of the state. The following article guides you through the whole process of Application, Dashboard, List, etc.
AP Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme
Jagananna Vidya Deevena scheme is a social welfare scheme launched by CM Jagan Mohan Reddy on 27th November 2019. The scheme was one of the awaited projects to be offered as mentioned in the manifesto of the party. The scheme’s core aim is to provide financial aid to the students who have passed out the intermediate and are into their Higher education so as to encourage them to take education with no hindrance. The scheme is one of the welfare schemes under Navratnalu which was formerly called Fee reimbursement scheme.
2nd Installment Update
On Monday, 19th April 2021, CM YSR Jagan Mohan Reddy released the 2nd instalment of the Jagananna Vidya Deevena scheme for the year 2020-21. As per the Andhra Government, the aggregate amount for the financial aid is Rs 672 crores for which the financial amount for the beneficiaries has been sent through the Direct bank transfer bank into the bank accounts of the mothers of 10.88 lakh students. The government is determined to safeguard the interests of the economically backward students and in future also continuously work to thrive the development of education.
Overview of Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme 2021
|Name of the scheme||Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme|
|Article Category||AP Government scheme|
|Aim||To provide Economical support to the underprivileged students for higher education|
|Launched by||Chief Minister Of Andhra Pradesh- YSR Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Beneficiaries classification||Scheduled castes(SC), Scheduled Tribes(ST), Other Backward Class(OBC), Economically weaker sections(EWS), Minority, Person with Disability(PWD)|
|Beneficiaries||Financially weak undergraduate/ postgraduate students|
|Scheme under||Andhra Pradesh Education Department|
|Budget estimation||4962 Crores (FY 2019-20)|
|Scheme type||State government|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
Eligibility Criteria for Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme
All the interested applicants should take a glance below to check the eligibility principle for Jagananna Vidya Scheme:
- The Applicant should be a citizen of Andhra Pradesh and currently residing in the state only.
- The Applicant’s guardian should not be associated with the Government sector or Public sector unit.
- The annual income of the family of the applicant should not exceed Rs 2.5 lakh/annum and the household not fall under ITR return paying household.
- A track record of maintaining 75% of attendance in the examinations is a must for every applicant.
- The Applicant’s Household should not be owning any 4 wheeler
- The Applicant’s household should be a ration cardholder.
- Applicant should be currently studying in a recognized government university/institution.
- Applicant enrolled in the college via management quota is not eligible for the scheme
- An applicant holding more than 10 acres of the property is not eligible for the scheme
- Applicant should pursue the education on a regular mode like the one pursuing the education through distance mode is not eligible for the scheme.
Documents Required for Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme
To register for Jagananna Vidya Deeveena Scheme, Applicants are required to keep the documents provided below:
- Aadhar card of the Applicant
- Domicile certificate of Andhra Pradesh
- Residence certificate of the Applicant
- A copy of the ration card
- Fee receipt of the academic semester/year
- Identity card of the institution and a Bonafide certificate issued by the registrar of the college
- Caste certificate of the Applicant as per the category(SC/ST/OBC/PWD)
- Income certificate issued by the Tehsildar of the state or equivalent authority with an active validity by the time of enrollment in the scheme.
Benefits of Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme
The scheme has its fair share of benefits. Provided below are some of the benefits that jagananna Vidya Deevena scheme provides:
- For a comprehensive and continuous evaluation, the scheme for the coming financial year will include an allocated budget of around 2300 crores for enhancement of the financial week student.
- The provision of financial aid is on the basis of 3 clusters of students:
- ITI students
- Polytechnic students
- Undergraduate/Postgraduate students
Whereby ITI students are entitled to Rs 5000, Polytechnic students are to Rs 7500 and the students in the graduation/Postgraduation(B.Pharma, B.tech, B.ed,Bsc,B.com, MBA, MCA etc.) are provided with Rs 10000. (The scheme is not for the students in the intermediate )
- As per the state government is concerned, there will be a complete reimbursement of the fees of the beneficiary.
- The beneficiary will get reimbursed for Food and accommodation charges with an annual sum of Rs 20000
- Students enrolled in a welfare hostel will not be charged the mess expenditure as per the scheme.
- The scheme does not contain any application charge and in contrast, provides the large monetary value to uplift the level of education in the weaker sections.
- For a controlled utilization of the allotted fund, the Direct benefit transfer will be done on the beneficiary’s guardian especially the Mother if the beneficiary will be a hosteler whereas The beneficiary who will be the day scholar will get the funds submitted into the institution He/She is studying from where he/she will receive the amount.
- The scheme allocates one single payment of fees for the trimester in order for better accountability and better growth of the student.
- The provision of distribution of funds for the scheme is applicable for the overall duration of the academic course the beneficiary is enrolled in.
How to Apply for the Jagananna Vidya Deevena Fee Reimbursement Form?
The interested applicant who want to download the Jagananna Vidya Deevena fee reimbursement form should follow the steps provided below:
- Visit the Official website of Andhra Pradesh Navasakam
- Once the homepage appears on the screen, Check the menu bar displayed on the top.
- From the menu bar, Tap on the Downloads section appearing in the second position.
- Once the user taps on the Downloads section, A drop-down menu appears.
- From the Drop-Down list, Click on the Download appearing beneath the JVD Fee reimbursement performa.
- Lastly, the JVD Fee reimbursement will be displayed on the screen in pdf format.
- Applicant should download the JVD Reimbursement pdf and Fill in the required details comprised as follows:
- To initiate, the Applicant should provide the personal details along with the region.
- In the second section, the Applicant needs to provide the details of Family members such as Aggregate income, caste, ration card number, etc. is to be provided.
- In the third section, the Applicant needs to provide academic information such as College, stream, name, etc.
- In the 4th section, the Applicant needs to provide the Bank details of the Mother or other concerned guardians such as the Bank account number and IFSC code.
- The 5th section is of validation details whereby Applicant has to tick mark the information provided in the tabular representation
- Applicant should also tick mark the information pertaining to ownership of Land, Four wheeler and Property details respectively
- Lastly, the applicant should note down the signature of His/her or the parent which is further signed by the concerned authority after the authentication process.
How to Login for JVD Scheme?
Provided below are the steps to guide the Applicant through the Login portal of Jagananna Vidya Deveena scheme:
- Visit the official website of Jagananna vidya deveena scheme
- Once the homepage appears on the screen, click on the Login hyperlink displayed on the right side at the top.
- Now the Login portal will appear on the screen.
- Applicant is hereby requested to provide the Login credentials such as User Id and password created during the time of registration and write down the generated Captcha into the textbox.
- On tapping the Login button , the dashboard of the applicant will be opened successfully.
How to Recover the Password in the Jagananna Vidya Deveena Scheme?
If the applicant forgets the password, he/she should abide the steps provided below to recover the password:
- Visit the Official web portal of the Jagananna Vidya Deevena scheme.
- once the homepage of the scheme is displayed , click on the login button.
- Now the separate Login window will appear on the screen.
- Applicant should tap on the Forgot Password hyperlink.
- Now in the next generate window, Applicant needs to write down the generated user id during the time of Registration.
- Once the User Id is written, Hit the Send OTP button.
- A OTP will be sent to your registered email address/mobile number.
- Copy the same into the provided textbox and your new password section will appear where you should write down the new password and secure it for future references.
How to track the Application status?
The user who want to access the list denoting the Application status should follow the steps provided below:
- Go to the Official web portal of Navsakam jagananna Vidya deveena Scheme.
- From the homepage, Tap on the ‘Know your secretariat‘ option appearing in the menu bar.
- Now you will be redirected to a separate window of the Application list.
- Hereby, you will see the tabular representation of the Application which will be classified on the basis of districts, rural areas, urban areas.
- The applicant shall click on his/her respective region’s hyperlink appearing in the blue colour.
- The result of the customized application with the beneficiary’s name will be displayed on the screen.
Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme Helpdesk
If the applicant/beneficiary has any complaint, query, suggestion, or is facing any discrepancy, he/she may write down to firstname.lastname@example.org describing the concern which will instantly be noticed by the official team of JVD helpline and will get back to you shortly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Jagananna Vidya Deevena scheme was announced by the current chief minister YSR Jagan Mohan Reddy to fulfill the aim of YSR Rajshekhara reddy.
The aim of Jagananna Vidya Deevena scheme is to provide financial stabilty to the social and economical backward students of the society in their graduation/post graduation academics.
The applicants who belong to the social and financially backward section(SC/ST/OBC/PWD) having a gross family income below Rs 2.5 lakhs, doesn’t have a government background, currently studying in a regular mode in a non-deemed university/institution with the property, not beyond 10 acres and are ration card holders are the students that shall avail the Jaganana Vidya Deevena scheme.
Under the JVD scheme, the Diploma or ITI students receive Rs 5000, Polytechnic students receive Rs 10000 and the graduating students are entitled to Rs 10000. An additional benefit of Rs 20000 for the year is provided to the beneficiary to cover up the expenses of food and accommodation.
No! This social welfare scheme is only applicable for the Diploma and Degree students of the recognised instiutions.
Yes the JVD application form can be obtained on opening the homepage and clicking on the Downloads section where the hyperlink of the Reimbursement form pdf will be located. Applicant should click on the same , download the pdf, provided the required details and send it to the nearby concerned department as there is no convenience to submit the form online as of now.
Duration of the Financial aid is as long as the duration of the academic course the beneficiary is pursuing. To obtain the sufficient marks in every annual examination is a plus in continuation of the scholarship.
Applicant needs to visit the Homepage of the JVD scheme. In the menu bar, click on the Know your secretariat option which will display the centralised list of districts,regions along with the name of the beneficiaries with respect to their details and sselection verdict.
As of now, there is no helpdesk number provided into the portal. However one shall write down his/her query/suggestion or the complaint at the following email address: email@example.com. A possible and instant reply to the applicant/beneficiaries concern will be provided.
For the current financial year, the estimated budget is around 4962 crores of which 2300 crores is specifically for the economical enhancement of the registered beneficiaries.
Yes. here is the web address of the webiste https://navasakam.ap.gov.in/