AP Marriage Certificate Registration: Marriage is an integral part of Human life the social system. Now, to register the marriage officially has also become mandatory for all. Marriage registration process is simply a process of getting verification from the competent government authorities that the two people have tied the knot. A marriage certificate is issued to the couple as an official testimony. Every state has designated authorities for issuing Marriage certificates to the applicants. In AP Marriage Certificate Registration can be done online or offline.
AP Marriage Certificate Registration
AP Marriage Certificate is issued by the Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration, AP Government. It is compulsory in Andhra Pradesh for all the married couple to get their marriage registered and have a marriage certificate. Marriages can be registered under Hindu Marriage Act or Special Marriage Act. Marriage certificates is important as it is required at various legal processes.
If you are also getting married then you must apply for AP Marriage certificate registration. To get information about the registration process you can have a look at this particular article. Here, you will find complete information about AP Marriage Certificate.
AP Marriage Certificate Registration: An Overview
|Andhra Pradesh Marriage Registration
|AP Govt Scheme
|Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration, Govt. of AP Registration & Stamps Department, AP Government
|Bride’s age- 18 and above Groom’s age- 21 and above
|Mode of Registration
|Online and Offline
|3 days to maximum 15 days
|Marriage Certificate Portal Portal
|MeeSeva and C&DMA official website
|Hindu Marriage Act Special Marriage Act
There is a specific eligibility criterion which every couple should fulfil before applying of marriage registration certificate. So, have a look at the basic requirements for getting a marriage certificate issued in Andhra Pradesh-
- Applicants should be a resident of Andhra Pradesh State
- None of the party should have a spouse living
- Both bride and groom should be mentally sound.
- Bride must have completed the age of 18 yrs and Groom should be of maximum 21 years.
- Applicants must be Hindu (in case of Hindu Marriage Certificate)
How to register for Marriage in Andhra Pradesh?
Marriage Registration in Andhra Pradesh are carried under different laws. If a couple belong to Hindu community, then they will be provided marriage certificate under Hindu Marriage Act and if the couple is from community other than Hindu then they have to register under Special Marriage Act.
Registration for Marriage Certificate can be done in both online and offline mode. In this section we have discussed all the registration methods under both the Marriage Acts.
AP Marriage Certificate (Special Marriage Act)
Check the online registration process for getting a marriage certificate under Special Marriage Act in AP explained through various steps below-
- Start by visiting the official portal of Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration. Link can be checked below.
- Now, on portal’s homepage click on “Online Services” menu.
- A drop-down menu open, take the cursor to “Marriage Registration” option.
- Again, a new option will option, click on “File Your New Registration” option.
- On this page, Select respective State and corporation/NP/Municipality from the drop down. Click on “Submit” button.
- Memorandum of Marriage (i.e., Form B) will open.
- Fill the first part of the registration which include applicant’s details. After filling details carefully click on “forward” button.
- Now, fill witness information and press “forward” button.
- Upload necessary documents and complete the registration process.
- Once details will be verified marriage certificate will be issued.
Applicants have to make a payment of Rs. 200/- for applying for Special Marriage Act marriage certificate.
Details to be filled
Applicants are required to fill following information in the aforementioned application form-
- Applicants Information
– General Information section include- Registration Unit, Boundary, Street, Locality, City, Date of Marriage, Venue of Marriage, Marriage Fee, Place of Marriage, Marriage Photograph
– Bridegroom’s Information
It includes- Name of the groom, Photo, Father’s/Mother’s Name, Religion, Age as on Solemnization of Marriage, Status at the time of marriage, Address of Residence, Office Address, occupation, Aadhar No, Phone No., Handicapped info, Email, Nationality, Education Qualification
– Groom’s Information
Name of the groom, Photo, Father’s/Mother’s Name, Religion, Age as on Solemnization of Marriage, Status at the time of marriage, Address of Residence, Office Address, occupation, Aadhar No, Phone No., Email, Nationality, Handicapped info, Education Qualification
- Witness Information
Witness information of two witnesses of both the sides- Full Name of witness, S/o, D/o, W/o, Aadhaar No, Photo, Occupation, Relation with applicants, Age, Residence Address
It is mandatory for applicants to upload all the required documents in the online application form. The documents which applicants have to provide are-
Marriage Invitation Card
Memorandum of Marriage
Documents for Bride and Groom
Age Proof which could be any of the follo-
– Birth Certificate
– School Leaving Certificate
– Divorce Certificate (if applicable)
– Death Certificate of deceased spouse (if applicable)
– Death Certificate of deceased spouse where applicable
Proof of Residence, which could be any of the follo-
– Ration Card
– Telephone Bills
– Electricity Bill
Reissue Marriage Registration
If you wish to reissue marriage registration, you can also do so by following the given instructions-
- Go to the official portal of CDMA.
- Click on “Online service” link.
- Click on Marriage Registration link in the drop-down.
- Click on “Reissue Marriage Registration” sub menu option.
- Select district and Corporation/Muncipality/NP and proceed by clicking submit button.
- Application form will open.
- Fill the application form and complete the registration process.
AP Marriage Certificate (Hindu Marriage Act)
Now, those who are Hindus and wish to get their marriage certificate have to get it under the Hindu Marriage Act in Andhra Pradesh. Registration for Hindu Marriage Certificate can be complete in both online and offline process. SRO Hindu Marriage Certificate is issued by the SRO.
Check both online and offline registration process shared as under-
Online Registration Process
- For online registration, visit official website of “Registration & Stamps Department”.
- Click on “Online Hindu Marriage Registration” link given under “New Initiative” menu on the homepage.
- Online Registration Form will open.
- Fill all the details with care.
- Upload the requisite documents in format specified.
- Recheck all the entries and click on “Show Payment” button.
- Now, make the registration fee payment.
- After successful payment, application for marriage registration will be submitted.
- Do not forget to download and print the payment and application receipt.
Offline Registration Process
- Visit the official MeeSeva portal.
- Click on “MeeSeva Services Forms” link in the quick link section.
- Now, click on “Registration” tab.
- Select Hindu Marriage registration form link from the drop-down menu.
- Application form will open.
- Download and take the printout of the application form.
- Fill the details and attack necessary documents.
- Submit the registration form at the concerned office.
Details to be filled
Applicants have to fill the given details in the online and offline marriage registration form-
- Mobile No. of the applicant
- Particulars of Husband and Wife-
– Full Names
– Caste (Inter Caste/ Same)
– Caste Name
– Date of Birth
– Date of solemnization of Marriage:
– Age at Solemnization of the Marriage
– Marriage Venue details
– SRO office
– Time Slot
– Witness details
– Relationship with the witness
– Father & mother name
– No. of certificate copies etc.
For Hindu Marriage Certificate, applicants need to submit following documents-
- Filled-in Application Form
- Wedding invitation card
- Marriage photograph
- Date of birth proof- SSC Marksheet, Birth Certificate, Passport, any other proof issued by competent authority.
- Proof of residence of both bride and groom
Hindu Applicants have pay Rs.200/- as application fee for marriage certificate.
|Official Website of CD&MA
|Special marriage Registration form
|Hindu Marriage Online Registration
|Hindu Marriage Registration Application Form PDF
|National government service portal
|Delhi Marriage Certificate
In case of any grievance related to any information provided about AP Marriage Certificate Registration in this article, you can send your feedback and doubts to us through the comment section below.
What are the modes of Registration for AP Marriage Certificate?
Applicants can apply through both online and offline mode for issue of AP Marriage Certificate/
What is the process for issue of marriage certificate for a Christian Couple?
Christian couple who is newly wed can apply for marriage certificate under Special Marriage Act.
How to apply for marriage certificate under Special Marriage Act?
For this, applicants have to apply by visiting the official portal of CDMA department of the state.
Application link is provided in the article.
Who can apply for marriage certificate under Hindu Marriage Act?
Any person who is a Hindu, Jain, Sikh or Buddhist can apply for registration under Hindu Marriage Act.
How can we apply for Hindu Marriage Certficate?
Application form both online and offline can be obtained from MeeSeva portal of Andhra Pradesh Govt.
What is the application fee?
Applicants have to submit an application fee of Rs.200/- for registration.
Is it necessary to provide the names of witness in the application form?
Yes, applicants have to mention names of witnesses in the application form under both the Marriage Acts.