This scheme was launched by the Telangana Government after seeing situation of the Agriculture land. There are many farmers who only depend on the production of the crops, but because of frequent increase of drought which leads to the fallow land/ Barren Zameen. However, by this scheme helps the farmers to increase the productivity of the crop. It provids security of their crops and resources, to raise the cultivation and production of the crops.
Here, in this article, we extracted all the information about the Rythu Bima Yojana, we mention the process of registration, application status, about the scheme and its benefits. To get all the information, scroll down the page.
About Rythu Bheema Pathakam
The Rythu Bheema Pathakam/ Rythu Bima scheme was launched in the year 2018, and under this plan, the government provided insurance to the poor farmers. The Scheme was begun by the Chief Minister of Telangana Shri K. Chandrashekar Rao, for the development of the Agriculture sector.
The government launches two projects, for the improvement in the Agriculture land, and also for the benefit for the farmers, which are given as:
- Rythu Bheema/ Bima:- According to the official notification, through this scheme, the government provide five lakhs INR insurance to the crop, if in case of crop failure because of natural calamity, the nominee will get this amount via DBT as compensation, within a period of 10 days.
- Rythu Bandha:- Under this plan, the government is also providing financial assistance of 4K INR to the farmer, which they can invest to purchase seeds, pesticides, fertilizers, etc. This will help to improve fertility, and crop productivity also.
Implementation of Rythu Bheema Scheme
The scheme was implemented through NIC, which develops this online portal and MIS. The portal is designed in such a manner that the nominee does not need to approach any government office, for the process of the claim settlement. The government officers will take that data, all the information about that event.
On the behalf of the nominee, the Revenue Department will submit the documents for the claim process. And the claim amount will be transferred to the nominee’s account through RTGS.
Overview of Rythu Bheema Scheme
Here we explain in brief, about the Rythu Bheema Scheme, so that you will get all the essential information about the scheme:
|Category of Article||Farmer’s Group Life Insurance Scheme|
|Name of the Scheme||Rythu Bheema Pathakam/ Rythu Bima|
|State||State Government of Telangana|
|Launched by||CM K. Chandrashekhar Rao (Chief minister)|
|Announced on||14th August 2018|
|Section||Agriculture Department of Telangana|
|Who can Take the benefits?||Deceased farmer’s Families|
|Benefits amount||five lacs INR on the nominee account|
|Insurance Organization||LIC Group of India|
Rythu Bheema Scheme Objective
The main purpose of the government, by launching this Farmers Group Life Insurance Scheme/ Rythu Bima, is to provide social security, and economic help, due to the loss of the farmer’s life, for any reason. As the government has seen many of the families, who suffered because of the loss of only bread earner of the family. So the government decided to provide this insurance to the poor farmer families, hence, after that, they won’t be suffered from any financial problems.
Objectives of the Scheme
- The foremost aim is to provide financial help to those farmer’s families, who do not have any other occupation.
- The government will provide the life Insurance plan through LIC.
- Under this scheme, the government provides 5 lac INR as an insured sum of money.
- By launching this scheme, the government helps the deceased farmer’s families, by supporting them financially.
Benefits of Rythu Bheema Scheme 2023
- The scheme mainly launched for the farmer who belongs from the small and mediocre family of the Telangana state.
- The government assures to provide the financial help of 5 lacs INR to all the beneficiaries.
- The scheme helps many poor farmer families to improves their livelihood and develop their social-economic status.
- According to the official notification, the nominee will get the insured amount within 10 days.
- The financial fund will provide some economic relief to the deceased family.
Rythu Bima Pathakam: Statistics
|Number of Farmers enrolled||31.25 lacs||30.72 lacs|
|Premium paid per farmer||Rs. 2271.5||Rs. 3457.401|
|Total Premium paid||710.58 crores||065.37 crores|
As per the data of 2020-21, around 32.73 lakhs of farmers were enrolled under Rythu Bheema Pathakam scheme. And the government distributed around 1,141.44 cr INR among 3300+ families.
- Only Farmers can apply for this scheme
- The candidate must have a domicile certificate of the State, to apply for the scheme.
- This scheme is only for the people of Telangana.
- The farmer age must be between 18 to 59.
- Applicants must go through the aging process of verification, by submitting the details of the Aadhaar card.
- candidates can apply for only one policy,
- The farmer must possess some part of the land in his or her name.
Rythu Bheema Pathakam Apply Process
By online portal for the claim form no need to go to any office. You can download the claim form online. The submition of the application form is offline. You have to download the form, fill it, and then submit it to the concerned authority department.
- You have to visit the official site of the rythubandhu portal, the link is given below in this article.
- Click to the “Rythu Bima farmer insurance” option on the homepage.
- Now see the column of Notification which is given on the right side of the page.
- On the section of the Notification, you will get the link to the “Claim form”.
- Click on the link, and download it.
- The form will open on MS word.
- Now, take the print out of the form and start filling in the information.
- Write all the true data only because the form will be submitted for verification.
- Collect all the documents, and affix them with the application form
- Now, submit the form either in the hospital or any nearest Life Insurance Cooperation office (LIC).
- As per the official notification, the fund will be transferred to the nominee account within ten days.
Rythu Bima Claim process Module
The process of the claim, flows, through the NIC database base. You can refer to the below image to understand the module of claim process of the Rythu Bima scheme.
Documents required for Claim Process
To submit the claim form in the LIC office, you are required to carry some documents along with the Form, which are as follows:
|Correctly Filled Claim Form||Death Certificate of the deceased person|
|Copy of Aadhaar card of both nominee and the deceased person||Copy of the Bank account passbook (front Page only)|
Ryhut Bheema Claim Form
The claim form of Rythu Bheema Pathakam, filled by the nominee of a deceased farmer to claim the insured amount, which covered under this scheme. You can get the link from the official portal of the Rythu Bima, and you can also download it from the below mention link. All the eligible candidates can fill the form correctly, we also discussed the details of the claim, you can go through it for more detailed information.
After filling the claim form, the candidate can submit the form either in the hospital or in the LIC office (any nearest branch of your area).
Claim form Details
The claim form divided into three parts, so we will discuss it one by one about each part of the form:
In part A you have to fill in the details of the deceased person, and the details of the nominee, bank details, and then sign on the self declaration form.
|Details of deceased person||Details of the nominee||Bank details|
Date of Death
Date of entry into the scheme
Aadhar Card No.
Pattadar Passbook No.
Name of the Appointee (if the nominee is minor)
Aadhar Card no.
Address of the Nominee
|Bank Account No. of the nominee.|
Name and Address of the Bank
In part B, fill the discharge receipt, and fill the date, day and the revenue stamp. The nominee will sign on the given column.
- Bank account details
- Seal of Mandal Agriculture Officer
- Signature of Mandal Agriculture Officer
Bank Details Collection Form
The applicant has to submit the bank details form along with the claim form, in which you need to fill in the following details:
- farmer’s Name
- Husband or father name
- Source No.
- PPB No. (you can get from the Officer of Mandal Revenue )
- Mobile No.
- Bank Name & Branch details
- Bank Account No.
- SSC No.,
After the signature of the Mandal Agriculture Officer, the form will be reviewed, and uploaded on the portal.
Department Login Rythu Bheema Pathakam
Follow below mention steps, for the Department Login:
- visit the official web portal of the Rythu Bheema Pathakam,
- From the home page click on the Department Login, available on the ribbon bar.
- On the next page, the login page opens on your screen.
- Enter User Login Id and Password
- on the next column enter the captcha code,
- And then finally, you can click on the Login option.
Track the Application Status of Rythu Bima
There are no online facilities available to track the status online, for tracking the status of the claim form, you have to visit any nearest LIC office. In the LIC office, nominees must carry the death certificate or the bank passbook, so it will be easy for them to track the particular status. After, putting all the information into the system, the LIC officer will tell you the status of your application.
Rythu Bima: Important Link
Rythu Bheema: Contact Details
For more queries and information about the scheme, you can contact to the below given address and phone number:
Address: Ground Floor, D-block, Fathe Midan, Basheer Bagh, Near Nizam College Basheer Bagh, Hyderabad, Telangana 500001
Contact No.: 040 2338 3520
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact List According to the District
|District||Mobile No.||District||Mobile No.|
|Medchal – Malkajgiri||7288894694||Mulug||7288894706|
Rythu Bima Mobile App
The government of Telangana has also begun the Rythu Bandhu mobile application, to make the process easier and handy for the people. By downloading you will get the updates related to the crops. You can easily download this app either from the play store or from the official portal, the link is available there.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who manage the funds of the Rythu Bheema Pathakam?
All the fund of the Rythu Bheema Pathakam scheme is regulating by the LIC insurance company.
From where I can get the Claim form for Rythu Bheema Pathakam ?
You can easily get the claim form, from the official site of the Rythu Bheema.
How I can file claim for the Rythu Bheema scheme?
For claiming process, you need to download the claim form first and then submitted to any LIC office.
Who are eligible for this Rythu Bheema scheme?
This scheme is only for the farmer’s, so only farmer or their family can apply for this scheme.
What is the age criteria for the Rythu Bheema scheme?
The maximum age of the farmer is 59 and the minimum is 18 years, then only you can apply for this yojana.
How I can check the payment status of the Rythu Bima scheme?
By using the IFMS site, you can check the payment status of the scheme.
How I can track the claim form status of the Rythu Bima scheme ?
By visiting to the nearest LIC center along with the death certificate and bank passbook.
What is the Master policy holder name?
The Master policy holds by the Agricultural Department which comes under the State Govt. of Telangana.
For updates, you can visit our page, and if any query you can comment on the below comment box, our team is available to solve all your queries.