PMFBY 2021 Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana: The Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana, was began on 2016, 18th February, for the well-being of the Farmers. With the help of this Yojana, the government provides the insurance facility to the farmer, so that they can claim for the crop damage but there are terms and condition, which is applicable for the process of the claim. The scheme is implemented with the combined venture of the State and the Central government of India. And the scheme was covered under the project called “One Nation, One Scheme.”
In this article, we extracted all the information all the PMFBY yojana, and below in this article you will get the details about the process of how to apply for the insurance, and get to know about some of the latest changes in this plan.
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana Overview
|Category of Article||Pradhan Mantri Yojana|
|Name of the Yojana||Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana|
प्रधान मंत्री फसल बीमा योजना
|Location||cover whole India|
|Began on||2016, 18th Feb|
|Announced by||Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi|
|Department||Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare|
|Goal||to support farmers|
|who can take the benefits?||All Farmers of India|
|To be applied on||Kharif- 31st July every year|
Rabi- 31st December each year
|Application Submission medium||Online|
|Official web portal||pmfby.gov.in|
Objectives of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
The main purpose of the PMFBY is that the Government aims to develop and promote the sustainable growth of crops. Through this program the government help the farmers, and support them, when there is a damage of crop because of any natural calamities like flood, drought, etc. As per the scheme, the crop cover under the insurance, if any disaster happen, farmer will get that insured amount. There are some of the major goals of the government, which are listed below:
- From this scheme, the farmer will get Financial help on the loss of their crop because of any natural catastrophic event.
- It began to support and encourage the farmers so that they can get the motivation to do farming
- The scheme provides the stability to the crop, in the means of financial insurance.
- Under this project, govt. also promote the modern technologies and methodologies of farming, for the help of the farmers.
- The insurance of the crop maintains the credit flow in the area.
- Provide assurance to the security of the Food.
Revamped Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
To overcome the issues which are faced by the government after implementing the Yojana. The Union Cabinet Minister revamped the PM Fasal Bima Yojana, all the changes are listed beneath in this section:
- All the farmers are voluntarily involved with this scheme.
- The 0.5 percent will be used on communication, education activities, and on ICE information, from the total premium amount.
- 90 percent central share will be raised for the North East States.
- In any situation, if the state fails to sanction the premium amount to the insurance company before the due time, that state will no longer participate in the scheme.
- The risk covers under this scheme have been determined by the State as per the change in PMFBY.
- Central Premium Rates Capping:
- Irrigated areas or crops: up to 25 percent
- Unirrigated areas or crops: up to 30 percent
- District Irrigation: Over 50 percent of irrigated land.
- The use of technology will be enhanced.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
There are some of the benefits, which will be beneficial to the farmers at the time of the distortion of the crop because of any natural calamities. Here in this section, we mention some of the benefits in the below column:
- Under this scheme, farmers need to pay, a very little amount of premium, as compared to other insurance policies.
- If there is damage to the crop, in that situation, they can pay either a full or partial amount of premium.
- It is very easy for the beneficiaries to claim the insurance, by using an online method.
- The scheme provides help to the people who engaged in the agriculture sector so that more people can get the motivation to do the same work.
There are some of the States who get the claim monetary under the PMFBY scheme:
|States Name||Claims worth (INR)||Reasons of Damage Crop|
|Haryana||100 Cr||Hailstorm (2018)|
|Maharashtra||5000 Cr||unseasonal rainfall (2019)|
|Andhra Pradesh||500 Cr||Pre-sowing claims|
|Rajasthan||30 Cr||Locust attack (2019-21)|
As per the latest tweet of 11th Feb 2021 Digital India, the claim worth 90k cr. INR has been paid to the farmers, within 4 to 5 years.
Statistics of PMFBY
The below data is per the 4th March 2021, and according to it 93,28,259 No. of farmers are registered under this scheme and the total premium amount is 9894.97 Cr.
|Number of Farmers||93,28,259|
|Insured Sum||768.24 Cr|
|Total Premium||9894.97 Cr|
Premium Rates and Premium Subsidy
In this section, we arranged the details related to the premium charges which have to be paid by the farmers according to the type of the crop. In the below table, you will get the information about the crop type, and their premium charges:
|Season of crop||Type of Crop||Charges of Premium have to be paid by the Farmer|
|Kharif||Food grain and oilseed crops||1.5% of the Sum Insured or Actuarial Rate|
|Rabi & Kharif||– Annual horticultural/ commercial crops|
– Perennial horticultural/ commercial
crops (pilot basis)
|5% of the Sum Insured or Actuarial Rate|
|Rabi||Food grain and oilseed crops||2% of the Sum Insured or Actuarial Rate|
Eligibility Criteria for Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
The candidates who are interested to fill the application form of the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana must know some of the eligibility criteria set by the government. This scheme is only availed to all the Farmers present in India, which includes sharecroppers and tenant farmers as well. As per the scheme, the farmer must do the insurance of their crop under this yojana.
Note: All the non-loanee farmers, attach the essential documents of their land for the record purpose, and all these documents will be submitted along with the application form.
Coverage of Crops: Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
These are some of the following crops that will be covered under Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana are listed below:-
|Food crops include cereals, pulses, millets, etc.||Oilseeds|
|Horticultural crops or Annual Commercial||Horticultural crops or Perennial Commercial|
Coverage of PMFBY Crop Insurance Scheme
There are some of the destruction of the crop which covered under this scheme, are mention below, go through the details for more info:
Basic Coverage of Crop: In the Basic Coverage of PMFBY, the loss of standing crop (sowing to harvesting crop) is covered cause due to any natural disaster situations like droughts, pest attack, flood, crop disease, natural fires, etc. In this type of situation, you can claim the insurance of that affected area.
Add-On coverage: This add-on coverage of the insurance includes some of the requirement of the crop which includes:
- Mid-Season Adversity: During the crop season, if any sudden climate changes occurred, in that particular situation, the farmer gets the relief fund immediately under PMFB Yojana.
- Localized Calamities: If there is a loss of crop because of any local calamities, for e.g. hail storm, cyclones, lighting, etc. the fare will get the insurance amount.
- Post-Harvest Losses: It covers any calamity and promotes instant insurance services to the farmer for the post-loss of the crop, and they will get the insured amount, within two weeks of harvesting.
- Prevented Sowing/Planting Risk: The crop gets damaged to any drastic climate situation, in that case, the insured area will be restricted for the sowing purpose.
- Crop loss occurred because of the attack of the animals.
Exclusions of crops: Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
The crops, which damaged because of war, malicious, or any nuclear risk, will not be covered under the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana, which means you are not able to claim for any of these types of crop distortion.
Required Documents for PMFBY
The candidates who are eligible for the PMFB yojana, before applying for the scheme, must assemble the required documents. The list of all the required documents is mention below, go through the list and arrange it all:
|Photo Id Proof of the Applicant||Address proof|
|Land supportive documents||Sown Crop details|
|Canceled cheque of the bank account||Photographs|
How to Apply for Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
You can use the online mode to apply for the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana, from the official website. To know about the process, you can go through the below process:
- All the eligible candidates can visit the official website of PMFBY,
- The homepage will open on your screen, now search for the option “Farmer Corner”
- Click to the option, and move forward to the next step,
- On the next page, you will get the option, of “Guest Farmer”
- Now register yourself on the official portal, by creating a user account
- To create an account you have to fill the registration form, in which you have to fill in the farmer details, and account details, and
- After filling in all the details, click on the create user, which you can find at the end of the page.
- once the registration has been done, you can able to proceed further to the Login option, and able to update your mobile number.
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana Application Status
If you want to check the application status of your submitted request, then track your application, by using below mention simple and easy procedure:
- Firstly, you have to visit the official site of the PMFBY,
- You will get the option of Application Status, click on the option,
- Now check the application status, by entering the details of your receipt number, and security code
- And proceed further by clicking on the check status option,
- The details, of the application form, will appear on your screen
PMFBY Insurance Claim Calculator
Through the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana portal, the farmers can know about the insurance premium. To get more information about the insurance premium calculator, go through the below process that how you can calculate the insurance premium from the PMFBY portal:
- Visit the official site, www.pmfby.gov.in,
- Tap to the “Insurance Premium Calculator” option, on the homepage,
- On the next page, the user has to select the Type of season crop (Kharif/ Rabi), year, Type of Scheme, choose a state, and district, and select crop from the given options.
- After all the selection, you have to select the Area (in hectare)
- Now, tap to the calculate option,
- On the next tap, the details of the insurance company, premium paid amount details, and sum insured details will appear.
How to claim the Insurance Amount In PMFBY
To claim for the insured amount of the crop, you must follow the below given process, to claim easily and correctly:
- for the claim process, farmers firstly contact the insurance company, or their respective bank or government authority to inform them about the crop damage, within 72 hours.
- After that, the report will be forwarded to the insurance company through the bank or govt. office.
- The damage purpose will be informed to the Damage Surveyor by the insurance company within 72 hrs.
- The Damage Surveyor officer will inspect the site of the agricultural land within the time period of 10 days.
- Once the verification will be done, and the information found genuine then in such case the claim amount will be transferred to the beneficiary bank account, within 15 days.
Report Crop loss: Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
You can report the loss of the crop by using the using toll free no. or email ID, in your respective insurance company. Check the details in the given table:
|Name of the Insurance Company||Toll Free Number Of Insurance Company||Headquarter Email ID|
|Agriculture Insurance Companyemail@example.com|
|Bajaj Allianz general Ins. co. LTD.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Bharti Axa General Ins. company LTD.||email@example.com|
|Cholamandalam General Ins. co. LTD.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Future Generali India Insurance co. LTD.||email@example.com|
|HDFC Ergo General Ins. co. LTD.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|ICICI Lombard General Ins. co. LTD.||email@example.com|
|IFFCO TOKIO General Ins. company LTD.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|National Insurance Co. LTD.||email@example.com|
|New India Assurance Co.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Reliance General In. Co. LTD.||1800 102 4088 (For Rest of India) / 1800 180 2117 (For Haryana Only)||email@example.com|
|Royal Sundaram General Ins. Co. LTD.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|SBI General Ins.||1800 22 1111 1800 102 email@example.com|
|Shriram General Ins. Co. LTD.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|TATA AIG General Ins. CO, LTD.||email@example.com|
|United India Ins. Co.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Universal Sompo General Ins. Co.||email@example.com|
PMFBY Technical Grievance
If you have any complaints or any issues related to the PMFBY portal or services, by using the Technical Grievance feature of the site. You can register your complaint by using the below mention procedure:
- first, open the official portal of the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana,
- Click on the “Technical Grievance” option, on the homepage,
- After clicking on the option, the “Technical Grievance” form will appear, in which you have to enter the below-given details:
- Enter your Name
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- And comment, in which you can write your complaint or any issues, which you are facing through the services,
- Enter the verification code, and click on the submit option,
- By following this process, easily register your complaint through this online portal.
PMFBY Crop Insurance Mobile App
The Government also develop a mobile application to facilitate these services, to the maximum number of people. By downloading the mobile app of Crop Insurance, people of India can take the update, anywhere. The government has launched this single platform of crop insurance so that it will be easy for people to do register in the portal, track the application status, or calculate or claim the Insurance premium of the damaged crop. However, to make more easy and comfortable for people, there is a section of FAQs, from where you can get the questions related to the portal and the scheme. There are more than ten different regional languages available other than Hindi & English in the Crop Insurance application, whichever, language you are comfortable in, you can choose that one.
You can download this app from the play Play store, by entering the name of the crop into the search column. And Install it on your mobile phones.
Key Features of the Crop Insurance application:
There are some of the essential Key features of the Crop Insurance mobile application, which we listed on the below table:
|See the details of the Policy||You can download your own policies pdf file|
|Calculate the Insurance Premium, before applying for the scheme||Track the status of your requested application, in every step.|
|Easily give Intimation to the crop Loss||Submit any issues to the Help desk|
|Easy to Login||FAQs section for the benefit of the people.|
If you have any queries or issues, either you can use the official portal of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana or the Crop Insurance app, or else, you can drop the mail on the official email address of the PMFBY portal i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org. The query or issues will be resolved by the concerned department.
Important Dates: PMBFY
Cut off Date: There is a premium date, in which the amount of the premium will be debited to the farmer’s account whether they are loanee or non-loanee. For the Kharif crop, the last enrolment date is up to 5th July every year, whereas for the Rabi crop it is 15th December every year.
Declaration of Prevented sowing: The action will be taken by the state /UT/ government/ IC, it is must be done within 15days, from the cut-off enrollment date i.e. on 31st July or 31st December for Kharif or Rabi respectively.
Important Links: PMBFY
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana 2021: FAQs
A per the official site, these are the crops covered under this yojana: food crops, oilseeds, and the Annual/ perennial horticultural or commercial crops.
By using the following formula:
SI= scale of finance per hectare X Notified crop area which was given by the farmer for insurance.
The insured amount will be paid through the NEFT mode.